Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Grading autographed cards - thoughts?

Question for the card collectors out there: how do you choose what to grade and slab? I’ve just recently gotten back into the hobby as an adult and am contemplating a few submissions. I’m thinking about slabbing a 1985 Circle K Ernie Banks card, authenticated by a LCS in the Chicago suburbs, and a 2020 Bowman Sterling Brennen Davis /125 hard-signed auto. I am also waiting on two Randy Arozarena rookie cards (Topps Series 1 and Bowman, both base paper), which will be JSA witnessed.

Trying to decide where to submit if I do, and whether to pop for the auto authentication/grade on any of them when I do. Especially curious whether you’d bother with auto authentication/grading for cards with existing authentication. Would love some guidance from folks who’ve actually done this before!

SCF Rewards
    Country

The Davis autograph is certified by Topps so there is no need to get that authenticated. The authentication by the LCS in Chicago means almost nothing on the Ernie Banks card. Just for the record most people will only consider a few places/authenticators as having any credibility to them. Everyone else just gets lumped into questionable even if it is a legit autograph. That's just the way it is. Unless it is from the card companies or from a handful of authenticators I wouldn't pay a penny or have trust in any other COAs. Not saying the autographs won't be real but if you are going to be selling them anywhere it will be very difficult to move them and your piece won't fetch the same prices as those will.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/