Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

SCF Rewards
    Country

That case is Pro-set series 1, Jagr was in Pro-set series 2. Ain't going to find any Jagr's in there.

The only reason to buy a box of proset is to look for the Stanley cup card or the bloody nose error card.

SCF Rewards
    Country

When it comes to old 80's wax I noticed things are cooling down a bit, but it's still overpriced

SCF Rewards
    Country

The waiting time for bulk PSA Submissions these days is about 6-9 months. By the time you get your cards back, the market will have probably cooled off. I wonder if PSA would ever open up a shop in Canada? Canadian card collectors would be able to save a ton in shipping and exchange rate fees.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Kearl_Rob's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

The waiting time for bulk PSA Submissions these days is about 6-9 months. By the time you get your cards back, the market will have probably cooled off. I wonder if PSA would ever open up a shop in Canada? Canadian card collectors would be able to save a ton in shipping and exchange rate fees.

6-9 months would be a dream right now. I have collector buddies of mine that are 11 months into a submission at the moment.

PSA rates have also shot up to $50/card (same with Beckett). I have about 60 cards I want to get graded, but at the $12 membership price.

I think the bubble will last a bit longer.... or at least as long as the Covid cash is around and people aren’t spending money on other hobbies (entertainment, beer, fishing, etc).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Always looking for high end Red Deer Rebels Cards and team issued items!

Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

That case is Pro-set series 1, Jagr was in Pro-set series 2. Ain't going to find any Jagr's in there.

The only reason to buy a box of proset is to look for the Stanley cup card or the bloody nose error card.

Of course I know Jagr was Series 2, I was just using that Pro Set auction to show how ridiculous all of this is... Series 2 IMO is the more desirable of the two series because S2 has the better rookie class in it IMO, Fedorov is also in S2, I believe Hasek as well..

Look, a year ago you could get a case of Pro Set - either series - for $100+ shipping max or even at the LCS for cheaper than that.. I mean last summer my "LCS" (it's not really local it's a couple of towns over) had a few 8 foot tables piled with unopened junk wax era material from all sports and he was selling it for $5 bucks a box, 4 for $15 and $70 a case and it was all "mix & match" which was pretty cool - I mean I bought a case of "mix & match" myself but there was both Pro Set series 1 & 2 - both 90-91 & 91-92, Stadium Club, Bowman, Topps etc... IMO, it's just crazy how much this junk went up in price in such a short period of time - and there is absolutely NO WAY whatsoever will that Pro Set hold it's value - there is just too much of it...

Look, a lot of collectors, investors and dealers are asking if this is the new norm or if there will be a market correction and in my opinion the answer is simple - yes, it will be the "new norm" with modern cards, or at least cards that weren't mass produced like Pro Set, however we will see a major market correction with the junk wax era stuff because there is just far too much of it going around... I mean it's been 30+ years and junk wax era product is still abundant ... This "boom" really adds credence to my theory that former collectors or adults that collected as kids are flocking back to the hobby en masse because of Covid and the lack of activities to do under these lockdowns and limitations and they're beginning with whats familiar to them and if they're my age that would be junk wax era cards from 1988-1992, and they remember paying .50 cents a pack so a junk wax box is a good deal to them for $10-20 bucks 30 years later but with the increase in demand up goes the price which explains why these junk wax era cards and unopened material is going up. These former collectors that are now getting back into the hobby can afford to pay $20 bucks a box so they are and unfortunately they believe they're getting a good deal.... I mean that's what the economics dictate..

I've seen this happen numerous times - mostly in baseball tho. I remember when Mark McGwire and Sammy Sosa were hammering it out to beat Roger Maris' HR record back in 98 and Big Mac's 85 Topps OLY rookie that summer went from like $30 bucks in May to $300 in August for just a raw card - it was insane, and of course as usual a year or two later it dropped back down to $50.. For some reason it happens a lot in baseball, a couple of other players that saw massive spikes in the prices of their rookies were Jeff Reardon, John Olurud, Gregg Jefferies and plenty more and the value of those cards shot up - not because the card was rare but because there was a spike in demand and once that demand fell so did the value but the supply never changed - at least with modern cards the supply is pretty low compared to the junk wax era - so with that said I don't see a market correction - I think we haven't even seen the top of the mountain yet...

To make it simple: imagine if there are 100 cards but only 20 collectors are interested in buying 1 of them but one day out of the blue there are now 500 collectors that want one that's whats happening presently with modern cards er cards that were issued in the 21st century... That's why the prices/value is skyrocketiing for newer stuff.... But the Pro Set nonsense I mean it's more like: there are 1,000 cards and 750 collectors want them so they outdoing/outbidding one another for the card and those whom already own them are sitting back laughing and pricing them to meet the demand...

That's my .02 cents for this insane "boom" er spike in value for these cards... Of course there are other factors as well but I've wrote too much about this issue and I have other things I have to do, lol.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123