Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Baseball tobacco card info.

Can anyone help me out with this card? There is nothing on the back. I am sure its a tobacco card.
    Attached Images Attached Images

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Oakland Athletics
    COMC Cards For Sale

looks like a fake exhibit card, the aging on it looks bad, i may be wrong though.

SCF Rewards
    Country

looks like a fake exhibit card, the aging on it looks bad, i may be wrong though.

Yeah I don't know if it is fake or not but there is something off on the card when I first look at it. I know you say the back has nothing but can you post a picture of the back? It might give a better indication of the age of the card which would tell you if it is a fake one. Because right now it is just giving me a real weird vibe.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country

SCF Rewards
    Country

Its frustrating not to be able to figure out where this card came from and who is the player on it. Maybe from a different country cause he did come over from England and settled in Canada early in the 1900's

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Oakland Athletics
    COMC Cards For Sale

Yeah I don't know if it is fake or not but there is something off on the card when I first look at it. I know you say the back has nothing but can you post a picture of the back? It might give a better indication of the age of the card which would tell you if it is a fake one. Because right now it is just giving me a real weird vibe.

i cant even tell the name

James A. Tinney?
    James used to abbreviates Jms and Jas.

no player with that name.

I think this may just a photo thats be cut down. its not a tobacco card

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks for you feed back.

SCF Rewards
    Country

@BSEBALLCOMMISH75

I tagged this for a vintage baseball expert to check out but I really don't recognize the name either. And from the back unless it was taken off of paper that it was glued to or something that is too white/new to be a real vintage tobacco card IMO. Almost looks like that was cut from an box of a light cardboard food product from not too long ago.

And final question can you get the dimensions of the card?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Ohio State Buckeyes Detroit Red Wings

Greetings:
    @pwaldo thanks for alerting me to this. Unfortunately I have to agree that the paper stock looks like it was it was pasted on a newer style of paper or torn from a book also the hard part is trying to find out what team is this player playing for. As for the signature of the player there was a James Cooney who played in the era of that could be the player but the signature is hard to distinguish.
    "Any ballplayer that doesn't sign Autographs for little kids Ain't an American. He is a Communist"-Rogers Hornsby on Signing an Autograph as a Manager in 1942 with the St. Louis Browns.
    S.R.'75

SCF Rewards
    Country

What does the card measure? Doesn't look legit to me. It's not a tobacco card or an Exhibit supply co. card either in my opinion. There is a price guide for old cards, the 1887-1947 Baseball card price guide written by Sports Collectors Digest, you might be able to check it out at your local library.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast