Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

2019 Topps Heritage Flip Stock Question

I don't know how many of you have chased some of these. Figured I'd take a shot and see what folks have seen/heard. I haven't put a lot of effort into this set yet, but I have picked up a few when the price wasn't too bad.
    So these supposedly have a print run of 5. Supposedly same # as the gold chromes, But they are not #'d/5 like the gold for what it's worth. Theoretically they are just as difficult to pull as the golds but are far more available and easier to find. I've seen several sellers with 15-20 flip stocks for sale. It just seems to me that if Topps truly only made 5 of these as they say, the supply would be different.
    I've heard rumors that some hobby boxes had 1 in every pack. Not that this would change the numbers if Topps mistakenly inserted some that way in the factory. So long as those few boxes just ruined the odds for the rest of us and they didn't produce more than 5.
    Just wondering if anyone has heard anything.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Whatever the print run is they are not to just 5. They wouldn't make them to the same # as an actual #D card from the same year. Plus the previous years they've had lame parallels like this and they were a supposed print run of around 15. They've upped the production of Topps Heritage every year so the print run is going to be going UP and not down on the production of anything. I have yet to see any parallel from Topps that is a lower print in 2019 than the same one from like even 2015.

Either way these and parallels like it are probably the least collectible ones you can come across. If they were #D and were something better than the Topps Heritage lame parallels the same card would command much higher prices on eBay. They are really only difficult to find because over the years collectors won't notice the difference in a break and either toss them or keep them in a junk box and then nobody will ever find them. But somebody breaking a case of this stuff to sell will never keep these parallels and they always try and sell them on eBay so if you are patient enough you can get them for really cheap if you are willing to wait.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country

Whatever the print run is they are not to just 5. They wouldn't make them to the same # as an actual #D card from the same year. Plus the previous years they've had lame parallels like this and they were a supposed print run of around 15. They've upped the production of Topps Heritage every year so the print run is going to be going UP and not down on the production of anything. I have yet to see any parallel from Topps that is a lower print in 2019 than the same one from like even 2015.

Either way these and parallels like it are probably the least collectible ones you can come across. If they were #D and were something better than the Topps Heritage lame parallels the same card would command much higher prices on eBay. They are really only difficult to find because over the years collectors won't notice the difference in a break and either toss them or keep them in a junk box and then nobody will ever find them. But somebody breaking a case of this stuff to sell will never keep these parallels and they always try and sell them on eBay so if you are patient enough you can get them for really cheap if you are willing to wait.

Hey, thanks for taking the time to pass that information along. Considering that I’ll be chasing everything from that set, time is something I fortunately have.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I still question the print run. I’ve opened almost 3 hobby cases of ‘19 Heritage and have come across 3 flips stocks. I’ve taken great care not to miss any and can say with 100% certainty that I didn’t miss any. If the print run exists then their quality control is off.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I still question the print run. I’ve opened almost 3 hobby cases of ‘19 Heritage and have come across 3 flips stocks. I’ve taken great care not to miss any and can say with 100% certainty that I didn’t miss any. If the print run exists then their quality control is off.

Do you think the print run is higher or lower based off of what you opened?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Do you think the print run is higher or lower based off of what you opened?

Based on what I've opened, they're comparative to the Gold refractors. I've pulled 3 flips and 2 gold. I realize it's not a viable comparison because I pulled no others like postal stamps, coins, etc. that have higher runs. What's really throwing me off is after talking with others, they pulled more flips out of 1 case. In the end, it feels like it's poor insertion practices at the factory. Which really throws my thoughts off.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Penguins Pittsburgh Pirates Toledo Rockets
    See bigbenjobu's Items on eBay Instagram: Packrip.com Traders

According to the checklists on Beckett and Cardboard Collection, these are limited to 5 copies

SCF Rewards
    Country

According to the checklists on Beckett and Cardboard Collection, these are limited to 5 copies

It seems like we may never know for sure. 5 seems about right judging from my pulling. It's a good sized sampling but others have pulled so much more in their experiences. Maybe in the end it averages out but something seems off going on what some sellers have available. I don't know. The mystery goes on.