Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See sjw241's Items on eBay

Mikko Rantanen Young Guns HIGH GLOSS #09/10 RARE!

I have this Rantanen guys Young Guns HIGH GLOSS #09/10 for sale. I hear he's an alright player? Only comparable sale I can locate is a BGS 9.5 copy of this card sold for $4500cdn.
    I'm asking $2900cdn or best offer, shipped in North America

SCF Rewards
    Country

bump - will listen to offers

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I would get it graded to avoid low ball offers. At least if your get a 9.5 you can truly get use that comp as a solid number. Awesome card for sure. Congrats!

DON

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Toronto Blue Jays

I would get it graded to avoid low ball offers. At least if your get a 9.5 you can truly get use that comp as a solid number. Awesome card for sure. Congrats!

DON

I don't see how "grading" a High Gloss card would add any value to it. There are only 10 in existence, what difference does it make if some rando thinks it is an 8.5 or a 9 or a 9.5? The card is what is special.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I don't see how "grading" a High Gloss card would add any value to it. There are only 10 in existence, what difference does it make if some rando thinks it is an 8.5 or a 9 or a 9.5? The card is what is special.

Well first off you quite a sale of a bgs 9.5 at $4500. Then you are willing to offer your card for $2900. If you think your card might grade a 9.5 why would you not get it graded.

Don

SCF Rewards
    Country

I’m not the one asking why a high gloss should be graded. That was another member.
    I’d get it graded but the turn around times are crazy and would rather sell it raw. Someone else can submit it for grading if they like.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I’m not the one asking why a high gloss should be graded. That was another member.
    I’d get it graded but the turn around times are crazy and would rather sell it raw. Someone else can submit it for grading if they like.

Thanks for setting me straight. Still wondering why from their perspective they would not grade it. As I truly think it would help the card in return get the bigger dollars if it obtained a 9.5.

DON

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks for setting me straight. Still wondering why from their perspective they would not grade it. As I truly think it would help the card in return get the bigger dollars if it obtained a 9.5.

DON

Of course a BGS 9.5 / PSA 10 would help the card attain its highest return. You can see very clearly almost immediately that the card is no where near Gem Mint.

Does it matter for something like a star Young Guns High Gloss? Not really.

The argument of "Go find another one" comes into play here.
    *** Main PC - Roberto Luongo ***
    *** MOST WANTED - 12/13 PRIME COLORS "PATCH" ROBERTO LUONGO x/8 ***

Flickr ( not updated ) - Hidden Content
    Trade List - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Of course a BGS 9.5 / PSA 10 would help the card attain its highest return. You can see very clearly almost immediately that the card is no where near Gem Mint.

Does it matter for something like a star Young Guns High Gloss? Not really.

The argument of "Go find another one" comes into play here.

I was responding to this post:

I think the link of a sale for $4500 shows grading can add value to it especially if it is a top grade.

So you say it will add value then says it does not matter. I am just pointing out it either add value or it doesn't. There is no discussion imo.

When you say Not Really what are you referring to? Just asking as I assume your not referring to value.

I agree there are not many copies to go after (since there is only 10) but we all know how things like this with no comps is a pain in the butt to price. So how do you price something like this then if you do have a higher grade or lower grade with out any comps it kind of sets the tone for negotiations. Why I truly hate cards with only one sale as your not always sure if it a legit sale imo.
    @canucksfan007

DON
    Last edited by doniceage; 03-13-2021 at 10:40 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Card is sold. Sorry it sparked arguments. But I liked seeing everyone’s opinions.