Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Advice needed on my high end cards

I am just getting back into the game after being a collector in the 80's
    I have pretty much every Gretzky/Oiler card from his rookie (was in better shape until my nephew put a crease in it 10 years ago) onward to about 1990-91. And all the stars in between like Mario, Yzerman, Messier, Bourque, Coffey, Roy, etc...

They've all been in plastic i've started the process to get them PSA graded, although I don't know what that's gonna cost.

I guess my question is, upon return of the graded cards, what's the best way to sell? Here or Ebay? Elswehere? Is anyone on here interested in buying the whole collection

Honestly, I'm kind of overwhelmed. I know they're not all 10s or anything, but I have a lot of ones that to my untrained eye look pretty close.

Below is the first 39 i packaged up yesterday...i probably have 3 times this amount left of high end players...esepcially gretzky...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ari4l2010's Items on eBay

Grading cards is quite costly. My advice to you is to select the main ones where there would be added value in getting them graded and leave the other ones as raw. No point in grading a card when the raw value of it is $20 and the graded value of it is $40 and it costs you $25 to grade.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Makes sense...i guess I just have no idea what they'll get for a grade, and consequently what they'll sell for. I don't expect anyone to tell from the pics I provided there, but most of those cards if graded 8 or higher are going to be worth decent amount. My limited research on Ebay seems to show quite a discrepancy in sale prices between graded and not graded cards...even if they're the same condition..

In any event, I submitted my group of them for approval. I'm sure some will be hits, others will be misses!

I'm assuming Ebay is THE spot for selling eh?

Thanks

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ari4l2010's Items on eBay

Might be easier to use eBay completed sales to come up with prices and then gage interest here first since you don't pay any fees and the people here are 100% better to deal with than the unknowns you get online. I always try to move cards here first before I throw them up on eBay. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Also helps that people are willing to trade for them here as well if that is your thing too.

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

If you want a magazine you can always get the SMR (Sport market report). They been doing it forever unlike Beckett but it will definitely give you a nice concise value from raw to graded with various grades. Will save a lot of time instead of doing comp's and searches on ebay. Also, a big thing is the population report meaning how many of each grade. If you get some that are in the rare category like only a handful you will do good selling them for a hefty.
    profit. The problem is ebay has no protection for the seller so it might be better to let a ebay power seller sell for you or possibly a auction house to get top dollar unless you have a good deals of feedback to give confidence to the buyers.

I am sure more folks will chime in @eastcoasteh
    DON
    Last edited by doniceage; 02-26-2021 at 04:37 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Toronto Blue Jays

Don't bury the lede, now that your nephew is 10 years older, did he get the beatings he deserves?

OPG Assistant Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Rangers Ottawa Senators Toronto Blue Jays
    Twitter: @Attackfan74

if you have the same zero feedback on ebay as you do here your gonna have a really tough time selling them......there are several very reputable vintage facebook groups that you should consider as well
    Bobby Ryan NON 1/1 PC 1280/1339 95.6%
    Aidan Dudas NON 1/1 PC 47/47 100%!!!!!
    Nick Suzuki PC 152 cards
    Wayne Gretzky PC 1593 cards
    Wade Boggs PC 359 cards
    Tony Gwynn PC 187 cards
    Derek Jeter PC 90 cards

SCF Rewards
    Country

hahha.....that's a great point...

Don't bury the lede, now that your nephew is 10 years older, did he get the beatings he deserves?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Ahh...yeah, i suppose. I've sold a handful of things on Ebay over the years, but I see what you're saying...I'll have to check those Fbook groups out. Any ones you know of?

if you have the same zero feedback on ebay as you do here your gonna have a really tough time selling them......there are several very reputable vintage facebook groups that you should consider as well

SCF Rewards
    Country

Just reviving this thread a bit with some updated photos of some of the cards...Basically wondering thoughts on Grading..which ones should I grade and which company should I use? with the PSA price hike/delay i'm looking into alternativles..possibly KSA?

I'd be willing to listen to offers here, but really considering getting them graded.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast