Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Holy Cow!! I step away from the hobby for 2 years and....

Even the price of a 1989 Fleer Complete Set is now going for $40, when you could buy them for $5 a few years ago. Baseball cards are selling out the day they arrive at Walmart these days. Prices have tripled or more in the past two years. I can't see anyone forking over $40 but that looks to be the norm.

Just what is driving this and do you think these higher prices are here to stay?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Oakland Athletics
    COMC Cards For Sale

all these guys investing and not caring about baseball is driving it up. Guys like vegas dave and Gary Vee.

SCF Rewards
    Country

There’s a lot of factors. Which are contributing more than others is tough to say.
    I think some of the pricing is here to stay.

SCF Rewards
    Country

If you think the increase in baseball prices and activity is insane you should check out the basketball side of prices ever since the death of Kobe Bryant. Basketball sales have completely DWARFED everything else.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Oakland Athletics
    COMC Cards For Sale

If you think the increase in baseball prices and activity is insane you should check out the basketball side of prices ever since the death of Kobe Bryant. Basketball sales have completely DWARFED everything else.

Thats true, i dont collect basketball but i had some from collections i bought. Even the 90s basketball sells now.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

all these guys investing and not caring about baseball is driving it up. Guys like vegas dave and Gary Vee.

Heard about Gary Vee, who has a YouTube channel. Who's this Vegas Dave?

Walmart in my area stopped carrying sports cards because of these greedy "investors", who need to be stopped yesterday, and give back to the hobby.
    "You can't have an oversight committee on stupidity!"--Woody Paige, "Around the Horn", 2/11/08

SCF Rewards
    Country

I have taken a break and needless to say had the same reaction. My baseball cards are worth crazy amounts, but at the same time the prices to buy are nuts! Lebron, Kobe, Jordan even Luka cards are insane. I wonder how long it will be like this, do not want to be left holding the bag...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See cjo2's Items on eBay

I think it is the sports bettors who did not have any sports to bet on for awhile, so they started buying cards. Now that things are getting back to normal, I think the demand will go down somewhat.
    Check out my wantlist at Hidden Content
    and my tradelist at Hidden Content