Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    See bmoy88's Items on eBay

Reprints! Are you kidding me?

This is insane!!

While looking up completed eBay sales of similar cards that I own, I came across a lot of sales of reprints! Here is one:

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/2005-06-Sidn...YAAOSwcM5gNbXr

This is just one of a bunch that I came across. What is this madness with reprints? Are they reprints from the card manufacturers or are people reprinting them on their high end scanners/printers? If it's from card manufacturers, is there any noticeable printing on them saying that they are reprints?

This opens up a lot potential for unscrupulous vendors to take advantage of unsuspecting buyers!

I have my own counterfeit story of an MJ rookie card that I purchased on eBay when I first started in the hobby. Fortunately it was resolved after a long period of time and the intervention of a few people!

Will others fall prey to this?

SCF Rewards
    Country

They aren't reprints.

Reprints are cards reprinted by the card manufacturers. These are just COUNTERFEIT cards that people on eBay are trying to pass off as reprints to make money. Some don't even alert you that it is a "reprint" except for putting RP in the title. These are worthless garbage junk that nobody should be bidding on. Just report the auctions when you see them to eBay but there are so many that it sometimes takes too long to do so.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens

But how discernable are they from the real thing? Are they "passable"? Or are the images blurry, card stock too thin or too thick etc?

Man I would hate to get duped into buying something like that!

SCF Rewards
    Country

But how discernable are they from the real thing? Are they "passable"? Or are the images blurry, card stock too thin or too thick etc?

Man I would hate to get duped into buying something like that!

Honestly don't know. I'm curious to know too since I wouldn't to get duped but I shy away from all the popular expensive cards anyway since I can't afford them.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Cleveland Indians Pittsburgh Penguins Boise State Broncos
    Twitter: @DFWGrapher Instagram:

Facebook Marketplace is loaded with them. Report every single one as counterfeit merchandise.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens

I'm not sure of the quality of the fakes, but I guess even PSA or BGS slabbed cards that score a 6, 7 or 8 are probably "safer" to buy than a raw card on eBay (or anywhere else) unless the vendor has a great feedback score - if the price is similar. (I'm just guessing on the comparative prices).
    Last edited by bmoy88; 03-17-2021 at 12:05 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

It’s a tough world to navigate these days.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Oakland Athletics
    COMC Cards For Sale

Most of the time your best bet is go with the old "if its too good to be true then it probably is"