Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    See bmoy88's Items on eBay

Favre Emmitt Autos - Real or Fake?

When I first started out collecting certified autos, I assumed that all cards from the card manufacturers were legit.

I bid on a lot of autographed cards of popular and not so popular players that I had an interest in.

2 cards I picked up were Proline cards of Brett Favre and Emmitt Smith. I didn't do much background on them because I assumed that they HAD to be real! After I obtained them on eBay, I started hearing horror stories about Scoreboard (who certified these cards).

I was a bit ashamed and just put them in my collection and never spoke of them again.

After many years and developing a thicker skin, I can talk (and laugh) about the MAYBE "weird uncle" that no one spoke of!!

So if anyone knows of the facts of these cards or have an opinion, feel free to chime in! No hard feelings!

emmitt_favre_b.jpgemmitt_favre_f.jpg

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'd go with legit

The fake ScoreBoard autographs you are probably thinking of would be the COAs for memorabilia and such that the company did. The cards inserted to packs by them are 100% legit though. The thing is whenever a company goes out of business (and Scoreboard did) you sometimes have cards that weren't autographed for whatever reason get leaked out and then people try to put a forged autograph on the card to sell them as a real autograph card. So if you are worried about that just double check the autographs on them with others from the set or from other legit companies. I don't know how common that is for this series/set but I do know in basketball a lot of the Kobe Bryant autographs from the company were flooded onto the market years ago that were unsigned because Kobe was a redemption or something.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    See bmoy88's Items on eBay

Thanks for "certifying" them for me!

Actually, I'm kinda of leery that they are actually real because the signatures are TOO neat - they are so perfect, they seem almost written by a female hand - not the scribble that most athletes sign with - especially after signing 100s of autos in a row.

I hope you are right!

Thanks for your input , pwaldo!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See gpachl's Items on eBay

@bmoy88

Nice card. I think your card is more legit than my emerald version. I am always leery that hand numbered things are shady. By the way, big Emmitt collector here and could use your card as I don't have it yet. Please message me if interested in selling/trading.
    cards_0005.jpg

cards_0006.jpg
    Check my SCF inventory for inserts /parallels /autographs /game used & relics /rookies.
    Emmitt Hidden Content . -My Emmitt Smith card count: 6,432 different cards as of 1/3/2023. (#ed=2,796, gu/relic=847, autos=198, 1 of 1's=81)
    Cowboys PC (not including Emmitts): 11,455 cards (6,955 different base, 4,500 insert/parallels/autographs/games used/etc.)
    SCF Inventory: Hidden Content