Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Ricky Pierce/Chris Webber error

I recently came across this Ricky Pierce card while searching my old collection. The photo on the front of the card shows Ricky Pierce shooting the ball but the name on the card is Chris Webber and has the Warriors printed on the right hand side. The back of the card is correct with Ricky Pierces name, photo, stats and team. I have tried browsing the internet but I haven't found anything out about it. Perhaps someone in here van help me out. Does this type of error carry any value? Thanks for any help you can give.

http://imgur.com/gallery/wuppTHh

SCF Rewards
    Country

Upper Deck just stamped the wrong foil on the front of the card. These error cards have value but it is always tough to gauge because nobody knows how many were made. Usually the combos of the best players like Michael Jordan or the rookies from the set would bring the highest values. Not many Ricky Pierce collectors that I know of so you would have to find a Chris Webber collector or an error collect to maximize your $$$ for the card. But really a buck or $2 sounds about right for the card.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks for the info. I just went through the other box of UD basketball cards I had and found about 25 others from the same year that had the same mistake (wrong name on front). Sounds like they will be just an interesting conversation topic if anything else!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    St Louis Blues St Louis Cardinals Illinois Fighting Illini
    See markw2856's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Yeah like pwaldo said likely have to find an error collector or Webber fan. Is the upper right corner dinged bad or is that a glare from the light? That 93-94 version is the rookie year of Webber though. Not a big money card but should be easy to move or keep having fun showing around to others.

I am not an error/misprint collector at all but I have a few random ones as well from the 90s. If you have more pictures of the other ones feel free to share.