Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See pootshwan's Items on eBay

Does greening or hulking affect grade

Take a look at this Kobe 1996 Topps Chrome BGS 10 Pristine

I looked up the serial on BGS website and it shows as being graded on Monday, October 08, 2012.

There is a possibility that when the card was graded it didn't have any loss of color...but does it even matter?

Does greening or hulking affect overall grade for PSA & BGS?

Regardless of what the companies think, what is your opinion on the subject?
    Last edited by pootshwan; 03-09-2021 at 06:40 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Don't really care what the grading companies think because I'd never want a card that deteriorates like that over time. Especially one that is graded.

But I find the more intriguing question that nobody wants to address is when is the cutoff date on these old Finest/Chrome/Prizm cards that they will be forever safe from greening? It seems like all these brands are the ones that everyone is chasing after and throwing tons of money after and they may all turn to crap years down the road. If they green like that what are the autographed version ones going to do? Maybe nothing but maybe the autograph will fade away?
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See leong1's Items on eBay

I think it should effect the grade. My guess is that they got it graded, and it greened while in the holder. And the reason I think that is because it happened to me! Ugh!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Don't really care what the grading companies think because I'd never want a card that deteriorates like that over time. Especially one that is graded.

But I find the more intriguing question that nobody wants to address is when is the cutoff date on these old Finest/Chrome/Prizm cards that they will be forever safe from greening? It seems like all these brands are the ones that everyone is chasing after and throwing tons of money after and they may all turn to crap years down the road. If they green like that what are the autographed version ones going to do? Maybe nothing but maybe the autograph will fade away?

Good point about the autographs on the same cards...hasn't thought about that

SCF Rewards
    Country

Good point about the autographs on the same cards...hasn't thought about that

I think the first chrome set with autographs would be the 2001 Bowman Chrome baseball though there were a bunch of Bowman's Best prior to that. There might have been some in Topps Finest but I don't really recall. The thing is I haven't seen much fading or problems with autographs on those but really the only high end card from that time is the Albert Pujols one and a ton of those had the autographs wiped off and redone by the card owners so they would get a BGS 10 autograph. So there really isn't much to go by in the way that they are safe for years to come but so far I haven't seen much in the way of autographs fading off but then like I said you can easily have a scammer just resign it if the autographs ever does fade off and nobody would really be able to tell the difference.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I think it should effect the grade. My guess is that they got it graded, and it greened while in the holder. And the reason I think that is because it happened to me! Ugh!

Yep, that is totally a possibility here. At least I hope. Imagine calling a card PRISTINE with such an obvious defect.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See leong1's Items on eBay

Do you guys know how this happens? I'm sure it's been discussed on other boards or forums, but I haven't surfed around a lot on this topic.

Thx