Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Kobe Bryant fleer metal rookie

Looking for opinions on this card. I see a crazy range in asking $ for this one online. What would be a realistic price for a high quality version? Is it a good time to try and sell or should I hold on to this one?

Thanks!

I have not had this card graded. It is in excellent condition IMO.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Miami Heat
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

There isn't a better time to sell than now. If you don't want to keep the Kobe in your PC, I'd go for it. I kept a few of his RCs and 1996-97 complete sets, but have sold some others.

SCF Rewards
    Country

There isn't a better time to sell than now. If you don't want to keep the Kobe in your PC, I'd go for it. I kept a few of his RCs and 1996-97 complete sets, but have sold some others.

Thanks, from what I see the ones that get top dollar are graded 10. I feel that this might be a 9, but not sure. it seems like there is a big drop off in price from 10 - lower... I guess I probably should get it graded.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Unless its the angle of the card, it looks like there is a little dent on front top right corner as well as back top left and right corners.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Unless its the angle of the card, it looks like there is a little dent on front top right corner as well as back top left and right corners.

The angle of my photos is a bit off, bad camera man lol. But you are right, there is a tiny little ding on the top corners, back left and top right. I don't know if it would grade a 9 with those? That is the only flaw as far as I can tell, the card is in amazing shape otherwise. It is a tough card to judge with the naked eye because of the 'metal' design...

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Miami Heat
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

I had a minor ding on a Giannis Prizm that graded 9 last year. Two or more corners could take it down to 8. It's up to you if you think it's worth the time and money for grading...I do know grading backlogs are really bad right now since the hobby is going through such a boom, so it might take awhile to get it back graded.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I had a minor ding on a Giannis Prizm that graded 9 last year. Two or more corners could take it down to 8. It's up to you if you think it's worth the time and money for grading...I do know grading backlogs are really bad right now since the hobby is going through such a boom, so it might take awhile to get it back graded.

So what is the thought on getting a card like this graded? Is it only worth getting it graded if I think it will grade high? I know it is not a 10 but if this was graded 8.5 lets say, is that any better off when trying to sell than having no grade at all?