Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Chicago Bears TCU Horned Frogs

Ahh the good old days of cartoons on the card backs

Here is a “You might be old when.....” kind of story

So I was looking at the back of this Phil Simms RC from 1980. Reading the cartoon stat that mentions it happened in 1962. Then I do some math and realized in 1980 that stat was 18 years old at the time of printing.

The little kid that I was back in the mid to late 1980’s when I was old enough to read or at least pay attention to this would have read this back then and thought that was very old and long ago. Then I do the math and realize the card itself is now 41 years old!! Over twice as old as the historic fact was when the card was made.

Mind blown. Maybe I’m the only one who sees the irony in this, maybe not. Maybe I didn’t express my thoughts in words to get my point across?

Anyone else got any epiphany moments?

Kinda how some think cards from 1991 are vintage??? From their perspective, I get it. They are 30 years old at this point. But some of the underwear I have in my dresser might not be much newer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Football Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Member is PayPal Verified

Absolutely. You know you are a collector of a certain age when the young-uns call your collections vintage. When they were busting 2020 Donruss from retail they were pulling cards like:

61DzNPeap5L._AC_SY445_.jpg

Whereas you and I are like:

51i3xk.jpg

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Chicago Bears TCU Horned Frogs

JP exactly!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk