Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See pootshwan's Items on eBay

Football card you regret selling the most...

If you've been in the hobby long enough you've probably made some missteps selling at some point or another I'm sure.

What is the one card you regret selling?

This is undoubtedly mine

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Minnesota Vikings San Francisco 49ers Milwaukee Bucks

2017 Donruss Patrick Mahomes RC

Sold it for Around $25. Big Mistake

SCF Rewards
    Country

I suppose like everyone I sold some good Brady rc's after his 3rd Super Bowl I believe. Sold a couple lower end Mahomes like Nick above. The absolutely sick to my stomach one goes like this. Talking to some guys on message boards and they were all talking about the 1997 Precious Metal Gems and how no one could find an Emmitt. I happen to buy one in 1997 for around $40, when they found out I had one I was bombarded with 400 and 500 dollar offers. I NEVER sell Cowboys I don't have duplicates of. Then one guy offered me $750 and I stewed on it for a couple days. I finally thought it is numbered out of 150 (not 50 or 25) and there are so many of those older cards that aren't worth near what I bought them for and.....I did it. Keep the card for 21 years and make $700 and about a month or so ago on ebay a graded 8.5 sold for almost $13,000. Mine was not graded, I have never graded a card but it was in amazing shape. So 3 years after selling I lose out on probably $10,000, I mean that could be a good chunk of my daughter's college education. Hopefully no one can beat that story because as I said "sick to my stomach". Definitely interested to hear others stories though.
    I mainly collect Cowboys. My main goal is to put a team set together for every set (including sp's). I will trade for pretty much any Cowboys I don't have if we are trading similar things, low end inserts for low end inserts, etc. The link below is to my wantlist, you will also be able to see all cards I have for trade. Hidden Content Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Atlanta Falcons Miami Dolphins New York Mets
    COMC Cards For Sale

Not sick to my stomach, but I wish I didn't sell my set of 1995 Pro Line autographs. The challenge to make the set was done, and I got a nice price, but I should have kept it.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Sold my entire collection two years ago for $100 dollars. Got bored, nothing was moving on ebay, trading was to tedious. Two years later and the trading card boom hits. The box was chalked full of Josh Allen, Lamar Jackson, Baker Mayfield and HOFers. Completely stupid move.