Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New sign at our Target

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New England Patriots
    See zeke_at_bryant's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

I have seen lines... like people camped out with tents on Thursday night. It is a joke!
    Always looking for Patriots Jerseys/Autos!

Hidden Content - For Trade / For Sale
    Hidden Content - Patriots PC

SCF Rewards
    Country
    My traders on Flickr

Am I missing something. Like the guy I saw buying all the tins at Walmart. $45/each. Bought at least 10 tins. $450. The tins on ebay are selling for about the same price as Walmart. I don’t understand what he would do with 10 tins.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Minnesota Vikings San Francisco 49ers Milwaukee Bucks

My Target does not even hace a sign. I'm thinking some of the Flippers took it down. The Flipper for my Target and Walmart brings all his friends so they can grab all the boxes when they stock. I found where they store the boxes as well. They store them in a cold place (Around 30 Degrees.) and the guy has at least Hundreds of boxes for each brand.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New England Patriots
    See zeke_at_bryant's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

This is why the hobby is ruined. It's just ridiculous.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Grown adult folks stand in line for hours to buy everything up just to make a profit!? That, my friends, is pathetic!
    Collecting Oneil Cruz, Liover Peguero, Henry Davis, Jack Suwinski, Drew Maggi, Julio Rodriguez, Corbin Carroll, Adley Rutschman, Gunnar Henderson, and Brandon Marsh.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Minnesota Vikings San Francisco 49ers Milwaukee Bucks

Also I am pretty sure my Target has something to do with it. I went to my local Target every day for a week. (Sometime Last Summer) and I asked this guy if they have any Football Cards. He said that Panini stocks the cards straight to the shelf and Target never holds on to the cards. Then he said let me look in the back. (I was told Target does not hold cards?) So he asked how many boxes I would like. I said 2 Should be fine. He then comes out with 2 Mega Boxes of 2020 Prizm. He said they were the Last 2 they had. (Why did Target have some in the back???).
    So the next day I go back I asked the same guy when they stock them. He said this, "They Stock on Mondays at 10 (I could be wrong with the day..)"
    The Next day I asked the guy when they stock again and he said this to me! "We never know when they stock they have been coming on random days for the past few weeks!" (But Yesterday I was told Panini stocks them on monday!)

I think my Target is holding boxes for these Flipppers. (The Flippers pay them to hold the boxes.) I was told thet Target does not hold boxes, then he goes in the back and gets some and I was told they stock on mondays and that they never know when they stock.

Everytime I went I was told a different story. This is getting so annoying.
    Just thought I would share this story.
    (by the way, I asked the same guy for the week.)

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Grown adult folks stand in line for hours to buy everything up just to make a profit!? That, my friends, is pathetic!

My friend that is the American way. It is all about the dollars and no matter what market or niche if there is a dollar to be made folks will flock to it.

DON

SCF Rewards
    Country

Very true. What upsets me the most is, it's the young kids with little to no disposable income that suffer! It used to be an enjoyable hobby, but not too much anymore. All because greedy people would rather make a quick buck than to help a new generation of collectors enjoy this hobby.

My friend that is the American way. It is all about the dollars and no matter what market or niche if there is a dollar to be made folks will flock to it.

DON

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Very true. What upsets me the most is, it's the young kids with little to no disposable income that suffer! It used to be an enjoyable hobby, but not too much anymore. All because greedy people would rather make a quick buck than to help a new generation of collectors enjoy this hobby.

Card shops exist for one reason and it's the same reason every other business exists ...to make a profit.
    Trading for Steelers,Penguins,Pirates and Michigan players in Michigan uni

Hidden Content

Thanks to the USPS Shipping only to US addresses.

Shipping done on Saturdays no matter when the trade is confirmed

SCF Rewards
    Country

That's all well and dandy, but there's a difference between making a profit and making a killing. The product I once saw in Wal-Mart and Target are now on Hobby shop shelves selling for 4 to 6 times more.
    Card shops exist for one reason and it's the same reason every other business exists ...to make a profit.

Last edited by steelers#1fan; 04-17-2021 at 03:02 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast