Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New sign at our Target

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

That's all well and dandy, but there's a difference between making a profit and making a killing. The product I once saw in Wal-Mart and Target are now on Hobby shop shelves selling for 4 to 6 times more.

If people wouldnt pay those prices the prices would come down.
    Trading for Steelers,Penguins,Pirates and Michigan players in Michigan uni

Hidden Content

Thanks to the USPS Shipping only to US addresses.

Shipping done on Saturdays no matter when the trade is confirmed

SCF Rewards
    Country

I had to run to my local Wal-Mart between meetings on Friday, they have the same sign up. About 5-10 guys were lined up for cards, and it was 10AM, so the stocker was late as the sign said 8am. The best part about it was they were lined up in the ladies clothing section.

The baseball was left over so I picked up a few Topps Heritage packs tonight. Pulled a Luis Garcia Rookie #'d to 572. Hope the other guys did as well.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Giants Oklahoma City Thunder Los Angeles Dodgers
    See 22chrisbrown29's Items on eBay

I am SO glad that the Walmart that I work at doesn't sell them anymore. They stopped about a year after I started working there (2015).

Last week I was stocking shelves and this customer walks up behind me and yells, "Ma'am!!" I turn around and ask him what he needs. He said he needed to know where the sports cards are located, that he couldn't locate them. I told him we stopped selling them years ago. He said, and I quote, "You are a f%$#ing liar. I KNOW you have them here!" I said again that we didn't carry them and haven't for years at that store and he started to get in my face and then wanted to talk to my manager. I told him I would go one better and get AP for him lol.

He was gone when I returned with AP. They told me to come back and get them if he returned.

Some of these people are seriously wacko! Who gets that aggressive with a middle age woman about sports cards? At that, who gets that aggressive with anyone about sports cards??

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Brads55's Items on eBay

I went to Target on Monday and it had a new sign on it stating cards can only be purchased at 8am on Friday. So I thought, ok I'll go on Friday morning at 8am right? I went there that morning at 8am with my son. But the card section had carts blocking it off with a employee standing on the other side. There were boxes but he told us we can't go in there. I did see a couple guys in there grabbing boxes. There was nobody else waiting. He told me I have to wait until the next customers get their chance. I asked where are the other people. He said there is a wait list and they are all waiting in their car until its their turn to buy boxes. I asked him to add me to the wait list and where on the list am I. Well the answer wasn't quite what I was expecting. Figuring he might say 3 or 5 or maybe even 10. Well he said 45! When I thought he was joking he stated that there has been people in their cars since 3am to get first dibs. My son and I walked around Target just to try and make the trip to Target worth it. We went to the Funko section that is never stocked and it was actually filled up. My son has about a dozen and I have 3 in my collection (Bo Jackson Raiders, Khris Davis A's, and Michael Scott from The Office). My son's birthday was on Monday and he found a Birthday Party series of Deadpool. I found 2 for my collection. Cartman from South Park and Andy Bernard from The Office. He also found a book that he's wanted for awhile. When we were leaving we walked past the box area as an idea of what the box area looked like after wasting about 20 minutes in the store. Another customer was there and asked the same questions I did earlier and he was blown away by the wait list (told 30 people) and he left upset. We bought our Funkos and went to the car. I put the keys in the ignition and changed my mind on leaving. I was too intrigued on what it would look like after this new policy and wait list. I waited at the car for over 20 minutes then received the text message. Going back in I figured there might be a couple hanger packs or something. Well, I scored regardless. Appears to me that most customers were after basketball and Pokemon cards. 2021 Donruss Mega Box, 2021 Donruss Blaster Box, and a blaster box of 2021 Topps Heritage.
    Last edited by Brads55; 04-23-2021 at 04:20 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123