Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Jordan Rookie Evidence of Trimming??!!

Hi.

I submitted an '86 Fleer Rookie Michael Jordan card to PSA a couple of months ago for grading. It came back ungraded with the message " N1: EVIDENCE OF TRIMMING" . That card is 100% NOT TRIMMED! That card was opened by me many years ago out of a pack, placed in a box along with the other Fleer cards and sat in a cabinet for decades! I never trimmed it nor altered it in any way! PSA has 100% made a mistake! Any ideas on how I can proceed? Or am I kind of screwed?

Thanks

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Miami Heat
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

If that's how they see it, there's not much you can do with them -- they can't just take your word for it over their own expertise. Maybe try BGS?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Boston Red Sox Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    Twitter: @Nsloki See nobodyweirdlikeme's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

when they open their services back up resend it
    My main focus is 90s star inserts/refractors in any sport but will also look at RCs, Color Refractors/Prizms and #'d of JRod, Witt, Ohtani, Carroll, Griffey, Jeter, Trout, Acuna, Jordan, Lebron, Luka, Ja, Ant, Brady, Mahomes, Herbert, Burrow, Hurts and any other star rookies/prospects
    Any Kobe Bryant Esp. Rookie Year Cards

SCF Rewards
    Country

I probably won't. Just too expensive.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I guess I could try another service. I need to get the card back and very carefully measure it. Hopefully, PSA will elaborate a bit more on why it was rejected. I'm not holding my breath though.

SCF Rewards
    Country

As far as PSA's expertise....Maybe a year ago, I could implicitly trust their expertise. But, they've hired a bunch of newbies, evidently; so PSA's "expertise" my lag now. Damn...

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Miami Heat
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

The card market is admittedly completely crazy right now, and goodness knows how many people they're pulling off the street to get the enormous supply graded. Not sure if BGS is any better at this point, but if you need it graded soon, it's probably best to use them instead of PSA.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    San Francisco 49ers Golden State Warriors San Francisco Giants
    See maitai326's Items on eBay

put it up against another 86 fleer card and see if it aligns. It is possible that the card was cut short when it was made...
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    WTTF:49ers/Myles Garrett/Acuna/Jordan

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Dallas Cowboys
    See krunchtyme's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

I have had 1978 Topps out of the package to psa get the Min Size Requirement and sent back to me. Did they saw Trimmed or MinSizeReq?

Rich