Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    See 529mi's Items on eBay

sabres Hall likely to move on

Not dressed for tonites game.

Probably to be dealt.

Kind of a wasted signing.

Tough yr for the swordsmen

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Interesting that that's now the way to do things. Hold the guy out for a week (or more, see Kyle Palmeri in New Jersey).

Can't imagine the Sabres will get as much as the Devils did last year, but I thought all along this was the point of singing him. Play him with Eichel, make Eichel happy. Hall racks up points, and he's deadline fodder - helps the Sabres stock up, and he'll get a shot at a big contract next summer.

Too bad things have worked out so poorly for him, and the rest of the team.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Not surprised. Even if the Sabres did decent-ish, I still thing he'd be gone this year anyway.
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    See 529mi's Items on eBay

To the bruins, i don't care for this. The fans and media will destroy him if he doesn't play up to standard.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country

I can't believe how little Buffalo got for him.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    St Louis Blues St Louis Cardinals Illinois Fighting Illini
    See markw2856's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

I don't think a 2nd rounder is a horrible return for Hall. Buffalo at least got something before he walked at the end of the year. If he had another year or two on his contract they would have gotten more.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country

I don't think a 2nd rounder is a horrible return for Hall. Buffalo at least got something before he walked at the end of the year. If he had another year or two on his contract they would have gotten more.

Nick Foligno is a UFA at the end of the year, and he got a 1st & a 4th. David Savard cost Tampa Bay a 1st and a 3rd. Very different players, and Hall is having a BAD year (I get all that) - but a 1st round pick is a pretty common ask for a player of his stature, as a rental. Last year, when he was also about to hit UFA status, Arizona payed a 1st, 3rd, and three prospects.

I didn't think that Buffalo would get was New Jersey got for him, but I figured they'd get a 1st, plus something else (while retaining salary).

SCF Rewards
    Country

Buffalo got straight up ripped off!! They shoulda got more than what they got & they wonder why they are in such poor shape!!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    St Louis Blues St Louis Cardinals Illinois Fighting Illini
    See markw2856's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

I understand what you are saying but like the term goes, beggars can't be choosers. If I were a Buffalo fan I would be underwhelmed with it. Buffalo is a disaster and at least they were smart enough to get something before nothing happened at the trade deadline.

Buffalo has at least been consistent on being lackluster for awhile now. All starts at the top and haven't held a GM or Coach for long since Regier and Ruff days.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country

Buffalo got straight up ripped off!! They shoulda got more than what they got & they wonder why they are in such poor shape!!

I understand what you are saying but like the term goes, beggars can't be choosers. If I were a Buffalo fan I would be underwhelmed with it. Buffalo is a disaster and at least they were smart enough to get something before nothing happened at the trade deadline.

Buffalo has at least been consistent on being lackluster for awhile now. All starts at the top and haven't held a GM or Coach for long since Regier and Ruff days.

From what I've read this morning..... while it does surprise me.... NOBODY was willing to give up a 1st round pick for him. If it's not available, I guess you gotta take what you can get.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast