Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See aweeks711's Items on eBay

Show & Tell Contest 13.0 - Week 2!

For more information and rules about this contest, please see this thread.

The theme for this week is: Best card from a team you hate (Tell us why you hate them!)

The theme will run from today until 11:59pm EST on Saturday, April 17th, 2021

General Rules

1. You MUST post a new scan/picture of your card with your handwritten ID next to it in this thread.
    2. Only one submission per member per week.
    3. A card can only be submitted ONCE throughout the whole contest, so choose wisely.
    4. If you make a mistake, do NOT edit your post! Instead, create a new one, or your entry for the week will be disqualified. No exceptions.

* Any card that won in last years Show & Tell contest cannot be used again this year!

How points will be awarded:

1pt for entering
    4pts for first place
    2pts for second place

If we get more than 25 entries, an additional point will be awarded to both first and second place.
    And EVERY entry will earn you 25RP!

First place prize for the overall contest:

An autographed Guy Lafleur puck from TW Sports!

Check them out below!

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/twsportscardsmontreal

Good luck!

*** Please insert the image directly in your post rather than adding it as an attachment..
    When viewing the card in your photobucket.. Look to the right. Under "Share this photo", copy the direct link and simply paste it here.
    Last edited by RGM81; 04-13-2021 at 11:58 AM.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

It would have to be this card. It features three of the most despicable members of the Bruins in their notorious and depraved history. Of all the idiots, in all the idiot villages, in all the idiot worlds, these three stand alone, my friends. Contrast that with the sheer beauty of the other side of the card, talk about night and day. Why do I hate them? They are like an evil snail. They are the Habs' most heated, fervent, long-running rivalry. 33 playoffs meetings. So much violence. So much high-stakes hockey. It's not just the frequency, or the goonery, but the Bruins are, after it's all said and done, a good team. That's what makes the rivalry what it is--it isn't one-sided affairs nor is it trumped-up nostalgia for the Saturday night casual viewing audience. No no. The Habs and Bruins will be destined to tangle forever, opposite sides of the same coin, round and round it goes, once more unto the breach.

2012-13 SP Game Used Authentic Fabrics Sixes #AF6MTLBOS P.K. Subban / Milan Lucic / Josh Gorges / Carey Price / Tim Thomas / Zdeno Chara
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I had to scratch my head for a moment, trying to remember the last time I bothered to add a card of a Calgary Flame to my collection. As a general rule, I do not collect anything from the wretched hive of scum and villainy that's south on Highway 2. It's fortunate for me, and my distaste for the Flames, that the only decent names to have played in Calgary in the last 30 years were washed up ex-Oilers like Grant Fuhr.

That being said, I do own this, uhhhhh, beauty:

Back in 2013, Edmonton did the unthinkable, and made a deal with the devil. I don't mean the New Jersey Devils (those deals are somewhat normal. They JUST did that on deadline day). I mean they made a trade with the Calgary Flames. Well, maybe not unthinkable. It had been done 3 years earlier.... 2010 was the first time the two clubs ever swapped players. This deal in 2013 was the second, and there has since been a 3rd.

Anyway, the deal was this: Fallen Prospect Oliver Roy, plus the Chris Pronger replacement Ladislav Smid were sent south in exchange for Laurent Brossoit and Roman Horack. Brossoit stuck around Edmonton for a few years, and he's now an okay-ish backup in Winnipeg.

Horak, the card featured in this post, became the first Calgary Flame on my wantlist, maybe ever? I'd have to think about another one.

Horak had played for Calgary since the 2011-12 season, when he got into 61 Games, and was featured in a full lineup of Rookie Cards - including my 2011-12 Upper Deck The Cup Rookie Card. He played in just 20 NHL games the following season, and had only laced them up for Calgary once during the 2013-14 season, prior to the trade.

He had a pretty good AHL season for the OKC Condors after the trade... 21 goals, 48 points, in just 51 games. He also scored once in the two games he played for Edmonton.

That was it for Horak in North America though. He went to the KHL for the 2014-15 season, and has played in Europe ever since.

Legend has it that he would have grown into a 30 goal scorer if the Rangers had just kept him, instead of trading him in the Tim Erixon swap with Calgary. Despite his brief success with the Oilers' farm club, he wasn't able to wash the stink off that comes from playing for Calgary.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bimola's Items on eBay

Bruins. I DESPISE the Bruins. Why? I’m a Leafs fan - enough said lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See aweeks711's Items on eBay

You still have until tomorrow night to get your entry in!

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays New England Patriots
    Twitter: @KarineHains See Pheebs8882's Items on eBay

@aweeks does it work if you only sometimes hate the team? I.E. Sometimes I really hate my Habs lol... I only have Habs cards so....

SCF Rewards
    Country
    St Louis Blues

As a Blues fan, it is required to dislike the Blackhawks. Really hate that they tanked and received top draft picks year after year. The one year the Blues get a higher pick, the Blues pick Erik Johnson over Jonathon Toews. I will stop with that. Here is my submission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'll take a twist on this one - RUSSIA! Oh those Russians, right from the '72 Summit Series through to today's international competitions. The lights out brawl at the World Juniors in 1987. The huge goal by Gretzky/Lemieux at the '87 Canada Cup. Winning the 2005 World Juniors. The devastating losses at the 2008 World Championships, and 2011 World Juniors. The 6 players on the attached all have Gold medals whether at the level of the World Juniors, the Olympics, World Championship, or Canada Cup. I remember reading the '72 Summit Series book when I was a kid (didn't watch the series), but the book told the story of the hated rivalry. It seems since that series, that anything Canada vs Russia would be something worth watching.

2013-14 Panini Contenders Sixes Auto C6-RUS Gold (how ironic!)

002 (2).jpg003 (2).jpg

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See stuntman8926's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Not sure if my favourite team can count as my most hated team (leafs cough cough). As a leaf fan the battle of Ontario and Ottawa.
    Here is a card of Matt Carkner fight strap from ITG Enforcers

Patrick
    Looking for Gary Roberts

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast