Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Experiences with card grading.

I’v been collecting on and off for 30 years but have never had anything graded.

I like to open sealed products from all eras if affordable.

I’ve noticed a lot of pack fresh cards will have a consistent rough or leathery edge from the same boxes.

I’ve also noticed that when buying sealed sets, I see very consistent poor edge trimming as well. You can see the consistent poor edges before you even pull out the cards. It’s like the cards were cut with the same dull knife edge across all of the cards in the box.

Does anyone else notice these issues?

Does PSA have different standards across different products and eras or are they consistent with all grading?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Dallas Cowboys
    See krunchtyme's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

I see the same thing and yes the dull blade thing pisses me off.

PSA is pretty consistent across all eras in grading. In my opinion, that is why they get top dollar for vintage cards. They are harder on newer stuff but true vintage into the 2010's seems pretty consistent.
    @FireRob @baystate123

Thoughts?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks for your input. I’ll continue to open up old product as it seems like a great value to me. My only regret is that I didn’t do more of this ten years ago. I got multiple boxes of stuff that now consistently comes bricked which are now even more expensive and more risky with the bricking.