Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Poll: Best card from a team you hate (Tell us why you hate them!)

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See aweeks711's Items on eBay

Voting: Show & Tell Contest - Week 2!

30ranfordfan:

I had to scratch my head for a moment, trying to remember the last time I bothered to add a card of a Calgary Flame to my collection. As a general rule, I do not collect anything from the wretched hive of scum and villainy that's south on Highway 2. It's fortunate for me, and my distaste for the Flames, that the only decent names to have played in Calgary in the last 30 years were washed up ex-Oilers like Grant Fuhr.

That being said, I do own this, uhhhhh, beauty:

51114803332_bae10ca2c4_k.jpg

Back in 2013, Edmonton did the unthinkable, and made a deal with the devil. I don't mean the New Jersey Devils (those deals are somewhat normal. They JUST did that on deadline day). I mean they made a trade with the Calgary Flames. Well, maybe not unthinkable. It had been done 3 years earlier.... 2010 was the first time the two clubs ever swapped players. This deal in 2013 was the second, and there has since been a 3rd.

Anyway, the deal was this: Fallen Prospect Oliver Roy, plus the Chris Pronger replacement Ladislav Smid were sent south in exchange for Laurent Brossoit and Roman Horack. Brossoit stuck around Edmonton for a few years, and he's now an okay-ish backup in Winnipeg.

Horak, the card featured in this post, became the first Calgary Flame on my wantlist, maybe ever? I'd have to think about another one.

Horak had played for Calgary since the 2011-12 season, when he got into 61 Games, and was featured in a full lineup of Rookie Cards - including my 2011-12 Upper Deck The Cup Rookie Card. He played in just 20 NHL games the following season, and had only laced them up for Calgary once during the 2013-14 season, prior to the trade.

He had a pretty good AHL season for the OKC Condors after the trade... 21 goals, 48 points, in just 51 games. He also scored once in the two games he played for Edmonton.

That was it for Horak in North America though. He went to the KHL for the 2014-15 season, and has played in Europe ever since.

Legend has it that he would have grown into a 30 goal scorer if the Rangers had just kept him, instead of trading him in the Tim Erixon swap with Calgary. Despite his brief success with the Oilers' farm club, he wasn't able to wash the stink off that comes from playing for Calgary.

Bimola:

Bruins. I DESPISE the Bruins. Why? I’m a Leafs fan - enough said lol

fatfrank:

As a Blues fan, it is required to dislike the Blackhawks. Really hate that they tanked and received top draft picks year after year. The one year the Blues get a higher pick, the Blues pick Erik Johnson over Jonathon Toews. I will stop with that. Here is my submission.

scarrman:

I'll take a twist on this one - RUSSIA! Oh those Russians, right from the '72 Summit Series through to today's international competitions. The lights out brawl at the World Juniors in 1987. The huge goal by Gretzky/Lemieux at the '87 Canada Cup. Winning the 2005 World Juniors. The devastating losses at the 2008 World Championships, and 2011 World Juniors. The 6 players on the attached all have Gold medals whether at the level of the World Juniors, the Olympics, World Championship, or Canada Cup. I remember reading the '72 Summit Series book when I was a kid (didn't watch the series), but the book told the story of the hated rivalry. It seems since that series, that anything Canada vs Russia would be something worth watching.

2013-14 Panini Contenders Sixes Auto C6-RUS Gold (how ironic!)

003 (2).jpg 003 (2).jpg

patrickadams26:

Not sure if my favourite team can count as my most hated team (leafs cough cough). As a leaf fan the battle of Ontario and Ottawa.
    Here is a card of Matt Carkner fight strap from ITG Enforcers

G0SHARKSG0:

Here is my submission. Don't have much from teams I hate but found this one in the trader box

Week 2.jpg
    Last edited by aweeks; 04-20-2021 at 04:34 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Voted!
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/