Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See aweeks711's Items on eBay

Show & Tell Contest 13.0 - Week 3!

For more information and rules about this contest, please see this thread.

The theme for this week is: Best picture taken with an NHL'er, coach, or mascot

The theme will run from today until 11:59pm EST on Saturday, April 24th, 2021

General Rules

1. You MUST post a new scan/picture of your card with your handwritten ID next to it in this thread.
    2. Only one submission per member per week.
    3. A card can only be submitted ONCE throughout the whole contest, so choose wisely.
    4. If you make a mistake, do NOT edit your post! Instead, create a new one, or your entry for the week will be disqualified. No exceptions.

* Any card that won in last years Show & Tell contest cannot be used again this year!

How points will be awarded:

1pt for entering
    4pts for first place
    2pts for second place

If we get more than 25 entries, an additional point will be awarded to both first and second place.
    And EVERY entry will earn you 25RP!

First place prize for the overall contest:

An autographed Guy Lafleur puck from TW Sports!

Check them out below!

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/twsportscardsmontreal

Good luck!

*** Please insert the image directly in your post rather than adding it as an attachment..
    When viewing the card in your photobucket.. Look to the right. Under "Share this photo", copy the direct link and simply paste it here.

The winner of week 1's Show & Tell was scarrman!
    He will receive 4 points in the standings. Second place goes to chihawk19 and Bimola, who each will receive 2 points.
    Last edited by aweeks; 04-19-2021 at 01:52 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (162)
    Country
    Navy
    Minnesota Wild Minnesota Vikings Minnesota Twins
    See ceej830's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Not an entry.

I no longer participate in the Card Show & Tell contest, for reasons I will not get into here, but for this "Best picture taken with an NHL'er" I will at least show a picture...only because of the story behind it. Plus RGM81 has done Notifications to prod me on this.

My then 13 year old son Connor was diagnosed with a brain cancer tumor in November 2015. He had brain surgery to remove the egg sized tumor, had a port implanted in his chest for future chemo treatments, and was undergoing proton beam radiation treatments at the Mayo Clinic. In February 2016, he was just finishing his 30th and final proton beam radiation treatment when the Minnesota Wild called and asked if Connor would like to skate with Marco Scandella of the Wild during the Friday Night Family skate before the Sunday Outdoor Stadium Series Game with the Blackhawks. Marco's mom wasn't getting into town until Saturday, so he asked if one of the Children's Hospital kids could join him. Connor got the call. Connor had a few weeks off before his year long chemo treatments started, so the timing was good. Connor was weak and wobbly from the surgery and radiation, but really wanted to go, so we drove up to TCF Bank Stadium in Minneapolis and met up with the Wild and Marco. Marco was super nice and helped Connor navigate Connor around the rink. He gave him one of his sticks to help him balance better. He also made sure he got to meet every Wild player and have them sign his jersey. Marco gave us tickets to the Outdoor game as well. Connor and I sat next to his mom. Super nice lady. Connor and Marco have been buddies since. Marco surprised us on Mother's Day 2016 when he drove down to our house (about 70 miles away) to visit for a couple hours. They have also gotten together a few times when Marco was still with the Wild to play video games and go carting at Mall of America. Marco was traded to Buffalo, and is now with the Blues, but they still text and keep in touch to this day. Marco is pure class.

Connor will be 19 in June and is now over 4 years cancer free!

Photos: Our family with Marco at the Outdoor Family Skate at TCF Bank Stadium

Marco, Wild mascot Nordy, and Connor

Video of a bald Connor revving up Marco's car on Mother's Day 2016 ...a sweet Nissan! Hope this works.

Connor getting Marco's Hockey Fights Cancer warmup jersey on the scoreboard at a Wild game in November 2016. Again...hope this works.

Connor and Marco after a Wild-Sabres game when Marco was with Buffalo:

Thanks!

--Curt
    GO WILD!!!

Hidden Content

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Geez Curt, you didn't have to peel the onions, man! Amazing photos and a great story.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Here's me, meeting my all time favorite: Bill Ranford. Was taken back in 2016, at a signing he did at AJ's in Toronto.

Now that there's a second entry, you can all vote for @GabbyGuy :) Curt: Thanks for sharing. I remember reading about Connor's cancer years ago. I'm glad that he was able to recover. The pictures are awesome!

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Here's me and the Chicago Blackhawks.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (162)
    Country
    Navy
    Minnesota Wild Minnesota Vikings Minnesota Twins
    See ceej830's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Geez Curt, you didn't have to peel the onions, man! Amazing photos and a great story.

If you click on the Car video and the Scoreboard video, it takes you to the Full motion video.

--Curt

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See stuntman8926's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I've met a few great players like Sakic, Brodeur and my favorite player Gary Roberts. I was so excited to meet Mr. Hockey a legend. I wore my Hartford hat and he loved it. Normally with the photo shoots you go get your photo and rushed out. But this time Mr. Howe wanted to have a full conversation so I chatted for as long as I could before I was pulled away by the event people. You don't give up an opportunity to chat with a great guy when he wants to talk with you.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See aweeks711's Items on eBay

Last night to get your entries in!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See pidge27's Items on eBay

Here is what I would have put in now that I know the contest is back on! Thats me on the far left! I played in an alumni game for Special Olympics. Wendall Clark wasn't in the picture but played.

Hidden Content

Looking for 01-02, 02-03 BTP memorabilia

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See G0SHARKSG0's Items on eBay

Back in 2013 when the sharks were in Montreal we were able to grab a reservation at the same restaurant they had their team dinner. (Larry Robinson was the assistant coach at the time and my mom used to work for his agent) We got to meet most of the team and since their bus was delayed, we got a few pictures and autos! My submission is the picture I took with my favorite player and the reason why I'm a sharks fan (my little brother is a huge sharks fan as well)
    Attached Images Attached Images