Temporarily bringing this blog out of retirement to send out a RIP to a pillar of the hobby.
No one had heard from Chris over at SASESportsSigs for about two months, and his last Instagram post mentioned going to the ER with a fever and breathing troubles, followed by a positive Covid test. It wasn't like him to go that long with no info, so apparently someone reached out to him and got a response from his mother, informing that Chris died on February 23, 2021, only a week after his diagnosis.
For those who never saw his site (it's been linked here for a year), Chris was active in the online TTM community through his site and various forums for a good fifteen years, and had been a collector since at least the late 90s, maybe before.
The hobby has lost one of its best. I had it back in December, and it's not something I'd wish on anyone. I was lucky as I didn't land in the hospital and only have mild residual effects, but now this is the second person I know who has died from it. So for those of you who aren't taking this virus seriously: why? When is enough enough?
Go get vaccinated. Seriously. And we'll see you soon at the ballpark, hopefully.

More...