Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Question How Did I Do On This Jerry Rice Rookie?

Hello all,

I recently won the auction on this JR Rookie for $611. How did I do? Seeking brutal honesty. I just stopped myself from nearly bidding on another JR Rookie but graded by Gem Grading Inc. I have the opportunity to get 3 more of these same graded Rice's from someone who lives close to my home as opposed to ebay but I would like to see what others with more experience have to say on the matter. Thank you all in advance.

Dispute Assistant Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See JSOKOL1626's Items on eBay

I am not familiar with that grading company and tend to stick with the better known services. When I looked at the original enlarged listing on eBay it appeared as though there was some minor chipping along the top right and left edges. Can you see that on the actual card?
    I trade by BV so please don't reference EBAY.

Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Hello jsokol1626 and thanks for the reply. I didn't get the card yet. Just won the auction this past Saturday. I didn't notice any chipping but if you see some then I would suspect that its there. I guess I need to improve my eye. I almost bought 4 more of these w/ the prospect of having them regraded w/ PSA and hopefully catch a 10 from 1 of them but stopped when I read some startling info about Gem Grading Inc which was a different grading company where I was in the ball park to take that auction but didn't place a winning bid when I read what I read about the grading company only 4 minutes until the auction was set to close. I guess it could have been worse. It could have been 4 minutes after the auction closed. :)

BANNED

Country
    Dallas Cowboys Dallas Cowboys Dallas Cowboys
    See Tyler0910's Items on eBay

I'm with jmaresca, not familiar with that grading company, I'm sure you can understand why a smaller company would be more lenient with their grades. You gunna crack it open and get it graded by PSA or Beckett?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Hi 90sTriplets and thanks for commenting. :) Yes I would like to send it in to PSA. I grabbed 3 more since getting this one. It could potentially come back graded lower.

I think I would be ok with that. I like taking long risks and if I could get it to come back a PSA10 that would be a risk worth taking. Even if it came back a 9 I would probably wind up keeping it for my PC being that I love the card and Rice is nice!! :)

On a different note: I just started a new social media persona related to cards named Mr. Pack Ripper. The main jist will be videos of packs being ripped of all types, brands, and years working my way into the higher end stuff (I am picking up an unopened box of 1989 Score football certified by Baseball Card Exchange this weekend and that unboxing will definitely be included once I have been able to work my way up to it through all of the unopened boxes of stuff I have on standby).

i already have an active Twitter, handle @mrpackripper and an active Instagram with the same handle: @mrpackripper. I have been mostly posting some cards that I pulled from boxes I already opened as well as some new singles I have recently acquired.

I will be conducting all types of giveaways, contents, and drawings too. If interested feel free to follow me or let me know if any of you would like for me to tweet and post something for you on my Instagram. Thanks guys and I hope you enjoy it!! :)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Chicago Bears TCU Horned Frogs

Got the cards yet? Post some pictures! Would love to see them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk