Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Question Tony Gwynn 2000 Upper Deck Legends Auto 47/50

I've had this card since I opened the pack 20+ years ago and immediately put it in the best case I could find. It hasn't been touched since. I only collected for a short period, and other than selling a few from that collection recently on eBay (cards in the $5-20 range), I have little knowledge of the current state of collecting/selling. If it's only worth a couple of hundred bucks, I'll just put it on eBay and be done with it. But if it's potentially worth significantly more, I'd like to know if it's worth it to get it appraised and/or graded (i have read about the current backlog in grading). What's a good place for an appraisal? A B&M store?

Card pics (I can't see any damage to the card itself - it all looks like scratches on the case):
    gwynn-1a.jpg gwynn-2a.jpg gwynn-3a.jpg

Evidence that it may be worth a decent amount of money:
    gwynn-4a.jpg gwynn-5a.jpg

I couldn't find a TG card that was numbered, but figured George Brett may be an acceptable substitute for value. Would his cards be worth more or less than TG's?

Thanks in advance to anyone who takes the time to respond.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I would recommend taking it out of the case it is in and get a new holder. I am guessing it is worth $200-$300 on Ebay, Very nice card and good luck with the sale.
    Always looking for Reggie Miller cards I need.

Top 5 Most Wanted:
    2003-04 Ultimate Collection Signatures Logos #RM Reggie Miller 1/1
    1999 Stadium Club Co-Signers Randy Moss/Jerry Rice
    Babe Ruth game used jersey card
    Michael Jordan Bulls Autograph
    Tom Brady Patriots Autograph

SCF Rewards
    Country

Even though he is deceased Gwynn wouldn't sell as much as George Brett. Brett has one of the strongest fan bases for a guy from the 1970s and he doesn't have many on card autographs that are licensed. Plus that is a PWCC auction so they always get a boost....

But it should still get like $200-$300 if you put in on eBay and I wouldn't grade it because I don't think it will make financial sense to do so IMO.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country

Didn't realize the reason for the George Brett price. Thanks to both of you!