Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Detroit Red Wings Detroit Tigers Michigan Wolverines

My CM Punk collection...

Hello SCF, I just wanted to share my CM Punk collection with like minded individuals who enjoy looking at collections. I have been collecting CM Punk off and on since he debuted Living Colour’s Cult of Personality as his WWE entrance theme in late July 11’.

Here is the link to my CM Punk flickr album.

Now, if you are interested in a wrestling related story continue reading. However, if you are not interested in a wrestling story carry on, but I do appreciate the collection peek.

There was a time when I was a Dean Malenko fan and it would lead me to stop watching wrestling for nearly a decade, if not longer. I do not remember the day, the month, or even the year. However, I do remember that Dean Malenko and Chris Jericho were in the midst of a rivalry and Jericho was winning. Every week Jericho was getting over on Malenko and every week I was growing to hate Jericho more. Eventually, I placed my chair directly in front of the television in preparation for the upcoming Malenko vs. Jericho match. I sat there as the bell rang and made myself a promise. I said, “If Jericho wins this match I am done watching wrestling for good.” Obviously, Jericho won the match and I immediately turned the television off without even finishing the episode. Now fast-forward to June 27, 2011... As I change the channel looking for something to watch I come across WWE and stop. I had not watched wrestling in over a decade and I decided to watch for a few minutes. During those few minutes CM Punk took the mic and proceeded to convince me to stick around, but I was not hooked just yet. However, I returned each week until he debuted Living Colour’s Cult of Personality and then I was hooked. I collected CM Punk heavily between that moment and his departure from WWE. After CM Punk’s departure I quickly lost interest in wrestling, but I maintained my collection and routinely added new cards over the years. I do stream an occasional episode of WWE hoping for the next “CM Punk”, but I see absolutely no light at the end of that tunnel.

-Robert
    Last edited by MichiganMan; 04-29-2021 at 08:17 PM.