Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Giants Philadelphia Phillies New Jersey Devils
    See arfmax's Items on eBay

Just wondering Ethan how are the restriction going for you

No restrictions at all. At the two ballparks I have been to, no player has refused because of Covid or 6 feet this season. In fact, one of the teams has even started player autographs and have the full team come out and sit all together on the concourse and sign autos pregame. Much different than last year! Depends on the state I guess, Illinois is opening up and allowing more capacity and less restrictions, that's why the National Sports Collectors Convention is most likely going to happen at the end of July/early August here, there was a lot of speculation that it would move or be delayed or not happen, but it looks to be on as of today.
    Working on autographed 1987 Topps Baseball set:
    Total Cards in Set:792/Total Autographable: 760 (6 Checklists, 26 Team Leaders)
    Total Autographed:639!
    Currently Sent (Outstanding):44
    Percent Complete:84.1

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Baltimore Orioles New York Jets New Jersey Devils

That is good to here. Back in NJ I have taken the year of from my season tickets with the Patriots as of now nothing is allowed. That is more because the Patriots are now the AA Yankees and not an Independent team. I think that may be some of an issue.
    I will start back up next year but I will miss the mix of players.

Good luck this season and hope the collection grows.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Allegedly MLB is going to take another look at minor league restrictions next week, and from player chatter they may lift the current player/fan contact ban.
    Owner of 244 unique Baseball HOFer Autographs

Collecting signed sets: 14, 15, 16, 18, 19 Topps Heritage Minors

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

Allegedly MLB is going to take another look at minor league restrictions next week, and from player chatter they may lift the current player/fan contact ban.

The Schaumburg Boomers, where I went for the Evansville autographs, is an MLB Partner League, whatever that means, but they are not following the MLB or MILB restrictions, I guess.

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

08-Jun-2021

Decided to go back to the Schaumburg Boomers game, as they had the Joliet Slammers in town, and figured it would save me a trip out to Joliet. Before the season started, Joliet had 3 players and 1 coach with cards, however, when I checked this week, one of the players had signed with a Major League club, and one was cut. So, I was down to 1 player and 1 pitching coach. Before the game, I was able to get two autographs on cards from former Atlanta Braves prospect Braxton Davidson, however, the pitching coach, Wes Anderson, is not the former Florida Marlins pitcher Wes Anderson, so that was embarrassing. Then, I went over to the Boomers side, where I had cards for three players. Well, one of the players went on the injured list between last week and this week, so he was out. Then, I attempted to get autographs from 2014 Leaf Perfect Game National Showcase pitcher Matthew McGarry. However, although this Boomers player is Matthew McGarry, it was a different Matthew McGarry who played and had a card in the 2014 Leaf Perfect Game. So, I was embarrassed twice at the game, I don't think I have ever had that happen before. I was, however, able to get three autographs on cards from former Yankees prospect Angelo Gumbs.

Photo of the 5 autos:

-arfmax

Total IP Autos in 2021: 43

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

12-Jun-2021

Yesterday, I went to the grand opening of the Verilife dispensary in Rosemont, IL, where they had an appearance by Chicago Cubs legend Ryne Sandberg, who is not a daily user (it's legal in Illinois). Mr. Sandberg signed two cards for me, for free, at the event.

Photo of the Ryno autos:

-arfmax

Total IP Autos in 2021: 45

SCF Rewards
    Country

Very nice

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Baltimore Orioles New York Jets New Jersey Devils

Great addition

Have to admit your weekend trips most likely get you more there than NJ has.

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

Great addition

Have to admit your weekend trips most likely get you more there than NJ has.

Probably, although I am betting the lower level leagues will be easy to graph, like the Frontier League and the American Association

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

16-Jun-2021

Yesterday, I went to the Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks game against the Chicago Dogs in Rosemont, IL, mostly to get former Phillies catcher Chris Coste, who manages the RedHawks. Before the game, I was able to get 7 different cards signed by Mr. Coste, and 1 card from former Arizona pitching prospect Brent Jones, 1 card from former Colorado Rockies prospect Correlle Prime, and 2 cards signed by former Toronto Blue Jays prospect John Silviano. I had ordered some additional cards for Prime and Silviano, but unfortunately they didn't make it on time. Was not able to get over to the Dogs side for any pregame autos, and didn't stay until the end.

Photo of the RedHawks autos:

-arfmax

Total IP Autos in 2021: 56

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast