Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Giants Philadelphia Phillies New Jersey Devils
    See arfmax's Items on eBay

27-Jun-2021

Today I went to the American Association game between the Kane County Cougars and the Chicago Dogs in Rosemont, IL. The Dogs had all the players and coaches out for autographs pregame on the concourse, so I was able to get 3 cards signed from former Red Sox and Cubs pitcher Michael Bowden, 3 cards signed from manager and former Red Sox/Angels player Butch Hobson, 3 cards signed by former Detroit Tigers pitching prospect Jonathon Crawford, 2 cards signed by former Toronto Blue Jays prospect K.C. Hobson, 2 cards signed by pitching coach and former Angels pitcher Stu Cliburn, 2 cards signed from former Cardinals prospect Max Foody, 2 cards signed by former Toronto Blue Jays prospect Michael Crouse, and 3 cards signed by former Arizona Diamondbacks prospect Anfernee Grier, all from the Dogs side. I then went to get some Cougars autographs, unfortunately, some cards I ordered didn't arrive, and the main guy I wanted to get, former Phillies pitcher Vance Worley, signed with a major league club this past week (good for him, bad for me). I was able to get 1 card signed by former Atlanta Braves prospect Anfernee Seymour, 1 card signed by former Toronto prospect Kacy Clemens (one of Roger's sons), and 2 cards signed by former Arizona Diamondbacks prospect Mark Karaviotis. I was trying to get the manager and pitching coach, but missed my opportunity.

Photo of the Cougars autos:

Photo of the Dogs autos:

-arfmax

Total IP Autos in 2021: 80
    Working on autographed 1987 Topps Baseball set:
    Total Cards in Set:792/Total Autographable: 760 (6 Checklists, 26 Team Leaders)
    Total Autographed:639!
    Currently Sent (Outstanding):44
    Percent Complete:84.1

SCF Rewards
    Country

At least Seymour signed....that guy was very miserable about it the couple of times I saw him in the Braves' system before they cut him
    Owner of 244 unique Baseball HOFer Autographs

Collecting signed sets: 14, 15, 16, 18, 19 Topps Heritage Minors

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

At least Seymour signed....that guy was very miserable about it the couple of times I saw him in the Braves' system before they cut him

He was very unhappy about it. Coming to the dugout, there was one guy and myself standing by the railing, the guy called to him and asked him if he would sign, and he gave him vicious look and walked away. He was in the dugout for a bit, and I tried the polite approach, and he nodded and said yes. He came out of the dugout and sprinted onto the field without signing. He was the last person off the field for warmups, and finally stopped, signed the one for me, signed one or two for the guy next to me, and signed for a kid, and actually smiled at the kid.

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

15-Jul-2021

Yesterday evening, I went to the American Association game between the Milwaukee Milkmen and the Chicago Dogs in Rosemont, IL. Prior to the game, I was able to get last years MVP (and quite probably this years MVP as well) Adam Brett Walker II to sign two cards, former San Francisco Giants pitcher and current Milkmen pitching coach Dan Runzler to sign two cards, and finally Milkmen ace David Holmberg, former Cincinnati Reds pitcher, signed three cards.

Photo of the cards:

-arfmax

Total IP Autos in 2021: 87

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Baltimore Orioles New York Jets New Jersey Devils

Good to see Runzler and Holmberg found homes over there.
    They were both in the Atlantic League in 2019. Runzler was with Sugarland and Holmberg was with the Patriots both teams are now MiLB teams.
    Its also good to see David sign multiples. Sometime he was a single and no dupes with Somerset.

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

Good to see Runzler and Holmberg found homes over there.
    They were both in the Atlantic League in 2019. Runzler was with Sugarland and Holmberg was with the Patriots both teams are now MiLB teams.
    Its also good to see David sign multiples. Sometime he was a single and no dupes with Somerset.

Someone else said that Holmberg doesn't like to sign, but he was pleasant and had no problem signing three for me. It was the day after his start, where he threw another complete game and got the win, maybe that affects his attitude

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

17-Jul-2021

This morning, I went to the grand opening of the Verilife dispensary in Schaumburg, IL, where they had an appearance by Chicago Cubs legend Ryne Sandberg, who is now a daily user (it's legal in Illinois). [on my last post, I wrote "he is not a daily user", I meant, "he is now a daily user"]
    Mr. Sandberg signed two cards for me, for free, at the event. Also, both times, they gave out a Verilife promo bag (and no, there is no product inside), and there was a promo 4x6 photo of Sandberg, which this time, was also autographed! Last time, same promo photo, but not signed.
    These have been the only 2 free signing events around here, even though things have opened up. Would love to see more grand openings and events...

Photo of the Ryno autos:

-arfmax

Total IP Autos in 2021: 89

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

23-Jul-2021

Yesterday, I went to the American Association game between the Cleburne Railroaders and the Chicago Dogs in Rosemont, IL. Prior to the game, I was able to get 3 cards signed by hitting coach and former 14-year minor leaguer Jose Amada, 1 autograph on a card by former Chicago Cubs prospect Logan Watkins (I ordered another card, which didn't arrive in time, so the only thing I had was the dual Heritage, which I really don't like), and the main reason I went, 2 cards from 20-year former major league pitcher Arthur Rhodes.

Photo of the Railroaders autos:

-arfmax

Total IP Autos in 2021: 95

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

25-Jul-2021

Today I went to the frontier League game between the Lake Erie Crushers and the Schaumburg Boomers. I only had stuff for the Crushers, so I stayed on their side pregame. I was able to get 4 cards signed by former Chicago Cubs prospect Shawon Dunston Jr., 7 cards signed by former Seattle Mariners pitcher Ryan Feierabend, 3 cards signed by former Atlanta raves prospect Bryan De La Rosa, 2 cards signed by former Atlanta Braves prospect Connor Oliver, and 8 cards signed by former Major League pitcher, and current pitching coach, Greg Cadaret.

Photo of the Crushers autos:

-arfmax

Total IP Autos in 2021: 119

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

28-Jul-2021: The National Day 1

Well, I tried to post an update on Day 1 of the National yesterday evening, but the site crashed and the post was lost, and I was way too tired to retype it. So, here goes, Day 1 of the National was Wednesday, which was the Sneak Peak for VIP members and the VIP party. The VIP party guests sign free autographs for an hour in a private room {free is a relative term, since the VIP package is not cheap}, and then the same VIP party guests go onto the main floor and sign some more. The VIP party guests were HOF kicker Jan Stenerud, former slugger Cecil Fielder, and former star Wally Joyner. Since these are not paid or ticketed signings, they are a little looser on the rules. I was able to get a mini helmet signed by Stenerud, and 2 cards, I was able to get 8 cards signed by Wally Joyner, and I was able to get 7 cards signed by Cecil Fielder. The VIP signers for Wednesday were Cliff Levingston and Billy Shaw, I traded away my Levingston, and was able to get one signed card from Billy Shaw. Finally, I walked around the show, and was able to get two cards signed by former NFL guard Evan Mathis, who is a dealer at one of the booths.

Photos will be coming soon.

-arfmax

Total IP Autos in 2021: 140
    Last edited by arfmax; 07-30-2021 at 08:06 PM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast