Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Baltimore Orioles New York Jets New Jersey Devils

Nice haul on the last 2 entries

On the tire issue when I worked at Costco before I retired the guys n the tire center told me that most flats happen on the rear tire. Reason is the front tire runs over the item and it then gets set up to puncture the rear. Never thought of it but most of my flats have been the rear.
    Glad you had no issues driving. Could be scary

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Giants Philadelphia Phillies New Jersey Devils
    See arfmax's Items on eBay

04-Sep-2021

Yesterday, I went to the Kane County Cougars game in Geneva, IL, as I had a free ticket voucher that expires in a few days. Prior to the game, I was able to get 3 autographs on cards from former Atlanta Braves pitcher and current Cougars pitching coach Kerry Lightenberg, 3 cards signed by former Cincinnati Reds prospect Gavin LaValley (unfortunately it was raining, and the Sharpie did not react well to the weather), 3 cards signed by former Houston Astros prospect and current Cougars hitting coach Ole Sheldon, and 1 card signed by Cougars pitcher Josh Tols.

Photo of the autos:

-arfmax

Total IP Autos in 2021: 256
    Working on autographed 1987 Topps Baseball set:
    Total Cards in Set:792/Total Autographable: 760 (6 Checklists, 26 Team Leaders)
    Total Autographed:639!
    Currently Sent (Outstanding):44
    Percent Complete:84.1

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

06-Sep-2021

Yesterday, I went to the Chicago Sports Spectacular in Rosemont, IL. They had a number of autograph guests scheduled for Monday who were $10 an auto, which was a pretty good deal if you didn't have these guys. Players included Jerome Walton, Dwight Smith, Otis Wilson, Bill "Spaceman" Lee, Denny McClain, Earnest Byner, Don Beebe, and Karl Mecklenberg was supposed to be there, but he postponed until the November show. Anyway, I decided to get 2 cards signed by Don Beebe from a 1997 Upper Deck Factory Collectors Set that honored the Super Bowl team, and two cards signed by Earnest Byner, who I remember rumbling over the NY Giants many times. I was actually looking for a Redskins mini helmet, but they are incredibly expensive and hard to find since the logo was retired, and I didn't want it that bad!

Anyway, photo of the Beebe:

Photo of the Byner:

-arfmax

Total IP Autos in 2021: 260

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

11-Sep-2021

Yesterday, I went to the gran opening of Billy Sims BBQ in Franklin, WI, to meet and get autographs from Heisman Trophy winner and former Detroit Lions running back Billy Sims. Mr. Sims signed 6 cards for me, as well as an 8x10 photo that Mr. Sims provided. One of the nicest guys, loves talking about football and barbecue.

Photo of the Sims autos:

-arfmax

Total IP Autos in 2021: 267

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Baltimore Orioles New York Jets New Jersey Devils

Nice addition to the collection and a sweet 8 x 10.
    Did you get a chance to try the BBQ at all

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

Nice addition to the collection and a sweet 8 x 10.
    Did you get a chance to try the BBQ at all

Yes, I had the brisket sandwich, side of potato salad and side of mac and cheese. The brisket was very tender!

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

04-Nov-2021

Been quiet on the autograph front for the last few weeks. Yesterday evening, I went to a restaurant where the Retired Professional Football Players of Chicago were having their meeting, and after, were meeting fans. They advertised 40 different former players, most of whom do not have trading cards, but a couple do. After the meeting ended, the group came downstairs, and I was able to get two autographs from former Chicago bears wide receiver Wendell Davis, 1 from former Illini and Detroit Lions quarterback Johnnie Johnson (who personalized and wanted a picture with me, 1 from former Bengals received Mike Martin, 1from former Giants/Bears received Emery Moorehead, 1 from former Chicago Bears defensive tackle Jim Osborne, and one from former New York Jets safety Shafer Suggs. Many of the guys that were advertised either didn't come to the meeting, or snuck out. Players advertised: Tom Hicks, Jim Schwantz, Rashied Davis, Quintin Demps, and more, but at least I got 7 cards signed.

Photo of the RPFPC signatures:

-arfmax

Total IP Autos in 2021: 274

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

05-Nov-2021

On Friday afternoon, I went to a food store for an appearance by hockey legend Chris Chelios, promoting a brand of tequila. The event was not well advertised, and I got there a half hour after it started, and there was no one there. Chelios had just signed every bottle that was for sale, and had signed a ton of 4x6 cards already. With the purchase of a bottle, he was willing to sign outside items, and so I had him sign 6 cards for me, and he gave me a 4x6, and I purchased an autographed bottle of tequila.

Photo of the Chelios autos:

-arfmax

Total IP Autos in 2021: 281

SCF Rewards
    Country

If they had any Los Angeles dodgers that were advertising tequila like this there would be a lot of drunk dodgers fans in the parking lot, wish they would do events like this out in so cal with dodgers or lakers!!! Congrats on the haul

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

If they had any Los Angeles dodgers that were advertising tequila like this there would be a lot of drunk dodgers fans in the parking lot, wish they would do events like this out in so cal with dodgers or lakers!!! Congrats on the haul

Yes, it's a good way to get autographs outside of the norm. They sometimes are bottle only, and sometimes will sign outside items. For instance, Scottie Pippen has done a bunch for Digits, some line of alcohol he is promoting, but the bottles are like $65, and he will ONLY sign the bottle. But in the past, I have gotten John Daly, Tony Esposito, Bobby Hull, Jenny McCarthy, Christie Brinkley, and more through liquor store signings.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast