Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Giants Philadelphia Phillies New Jersey Devils
    See arfmax's Items on eBay

IP-Chicago and burbs:arfmax:2021

I am determined to try to get some autographs this year. On Friday, I went to an exhibition game between the Chicago White Sox alternate site team and the Chicago Cubs alternate site team, which are basically the AAA teams. This was the 3rd and final exhibition between the teams in Schaumburg, IL, and before the game, the players were given their assignments, so many of them did not come to the game. The game was made into a 6 inning game, with the White Sox having 10 batters instead of 9. It ended up being a White Sox Perfect Game, with no hits, runs, or walks given up to the Cubs in the 6 innings, so I guess I can say I have witnessed a perfect game? Anyway, after the game, I was able to get the Cubs alternate site team manager, and current AAA manager, Marty Pevey to sign two cards, and after lingering a bit, was able to get Cubs prospect Ian Miller to sign a card, as he was standing around home plate on his phone for awhile, and he was happy to sign. There wasn't much time, as the Cubs were leaving to go to AAA Iowa right after the game, so one or two guys ignored me, I called out "Austin!" to Andrew Romine, so he ignored me, rightfully so. Anyway, gives me hope for the summer.

Miller:

Pevey:

-arfmax

Total IP Autos in 2021: 3
    Last edited by arfmax; 05-31-2021 at 03:49 PM.
    Working on autographed 1987 Topps Baseball set:
    Total Cards in Set:792/Total Autographable: 760 (6 Checklists, 26 Team Leaders)
    Total Autographed:639!
    Currently Sent (Outstanding):44
    Percent Complete:84.1

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Atlanta Braves

Great story and autos! Thanks for sharing.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Chicago Cubs Chicago Bears Chicago Bulls

Awesome, gives me hope for this season!
    Collect HOF ROMLB SS balls (Have 35, always looking for more)
    Trying to complete 2016 Topps Heritage Minor League Set (199/215)
    2016 Cubs World Series signed WS ROMLB (8/25)
    2018 Bowman Draft 169/200
    2020 Bowman Draft 121/200

SCF Rewards
    Country

Nice, I am waiting to see if my local team will be accessible or not. The second closest team to where I live is probably not going to work because you can't get guys before or after the game outside.
    Owner of 244 unique Baseball HOFer Autographs

Collecting signed sets: 14, 15, 16, 18, 19 Topps Heritage Minors

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Baltimore Orioles New York Jets New Jersey Devils

Nice job Ethan.
    Must have felt great to get the cob webs off

SCF Rewards
    Country

Awesome to hear your success , I’m going to try on my fav minor league team on the 18th RC quakes, they are on the road and I know I can wait near there bus afterwards, whether they sign is another ?

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yes, a buddy and I have been checking, and some players will, some won't, and some ushers aren't letting them, it seems to be a crapshoot. Can't hurt to try though! I would just like some free sit-down events to start up again, where you know you are going and will get a signature, instead of playing a guessing game

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

30-May-2021

It's good to be back.

Tried to go to a Frontier League game on Friday evening, but it was 40 degrees and pouring, so the game was called off. On Sunday, went to the Chicago Dogs versus the Sioux Falls Explorers, and it felt like everything was back to normal, which was great. Prior to the game, I was able to get 3 cards signed from Chicago Dogs pitching coach Stew (Stu/Stewart) Cliburn, 3 cards signed by Dogs manager Butch Hobson, 3 cards signed by infielder Anfernee Grier, 1 card signed by pitcher Connor Grey, 2 cards signed by K.C. Hobson, and 2 cards signed by pitcher Michael Bowden. Also before the game, for the Sioux Falls Explorers, I was able to get 1 card signed by manager Steve Montgomery, 3 cards signed by infielder L.T. Tolbert, 2 cards signed by catcher Joseph Monge, and 3 cards signed by infielder Jared Walker. Total signed pregame: 23.

-arfmax

Total IP Autos in 2021: 26

Dogs:

Explorers:

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

04-Jun-2021

Friday evening, I went tot he Evansville Otters at Schaumburg Boomers Frontier League game. Prior to the game, I focused on getting Evansville, and then was going to go to Schaumburg. I was able to get 1 card signed by former Cincinnati Reds prospect Miles Gordon, 5 cards signed by former Cardinals prospect Bryce Denton, and then I was able to get 6 cards signed by former Montreal Expos player, and current bench coach, 73 year old Boots Day. Unfortunately, I called for Boots twice, but he didn't hear me, and then I went to the other side of the dugout and he was talking to someone in the dugout. Finally, he came over. The downside was that once he was done signing, I hustled over to the other side, but every Boomers player had just slipped back into the dugout for the start of the game, so I wasn't able to get any of them. Another day.

Photo of the Evansville Otters autos:

-arfmax

Total IP Autos in 2021: 38

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Baltimore Orioles New York Jets New Jersey Devils

Thats the down side of graphing. You take a chance to get someone on one side of the dug out then miss players on the other side.
    The good side is you did get Boots. He may not have heard you at all and missed him plus the other side.

I am glad you got what you did.

Just wondering Ethan how are the restriction going for you

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast