Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays New England Patriots
    Twitter: @Pheebs888 See Pheebs8882's Items on eBay

Time for a Change - the Tom Wilson Case

My latest @hockeybuzz blog about the Tom Wilson case and what could and should be done as soon as possible: https://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=111321 #GameChange #NHL #Concussion #GoHabsGo #NYR #TomWilson #KenDryden
    This Ad will be removed when you a member of sportscardforum.com

How do you feel about that fine? Do you think it’s time to have a look at the rule book? Always grateful for comments.

SCF Rewards
    Country

It is definitely a black eye moment in the league as the punishment for a repeat offender is an absolute joke. Some try to argue that this type of scrum is just hockey, but it isn't hockey after a referee blows his whistle and this incident definitely crossed the line.
    Traders:Hidden Content

Want List: Hidden Content

The want list at this link features what I need of Gretzky, Roy, Ottawa Senators, and Miscellaneous sets. I also have a CFL want list on my page and if you have nothing from it I will consider other traders of current Ottawa Senators, Carey Price, Guy Lafleur, vintage hockey (pre 1970) and trade bait such as McDavid.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I thought he was going to be suspended for the rest of the season at the least!! I hope Parros gets canned!! There's no place in hockey for this kind of shenanigans & like Piper said, its definitely a black eye on the League. This is why we still need the NHL to police itself.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Ottawa Senators
    See atmx093's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Wilson got off easy - again. But that was probably the last time and there will be heavy repercussions for him if he does it again.
    If he's got half a brain, the lesson should sink in. And if the Caps wanna do some damage control, they should bench him for a few games.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Wilson got off easy - again. But that was probably the last time and there will be heavy repercussions for him if he does it again.
    If he's got half a brain, the lesson should sink in. And if the Caps wanna do some damage control, they should bench him for a few games.

Heavy repercussions next time? Nah. This is a league that thinks a 4 game suspension is a lot, and if (god forbit) a single playoff game were to be missed, then they've really thrown the book at him.

The league continues to let players get away with this kind of garbage. If Wilson were a "pure goon" they would throw the book at him, but since he's actually a decent hockey player as well, they continue to go soft. He's been suspended FIVE times already. This isn't a guy who is going to clean up his act willingly - and there will be a next time.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

And wow here is some immediate blowback within the Rangers organization. They've fired the team president and the GM.

Per TSN's Frank Seravilli:
    Sources say that #NYR president John Davidson and GM Jeff Gorton scurried to distance themselves from the team statement that was issued on Tuesday night, telling other executives that they did not know it was in the works until after it was released.
    Last edited by RGM81; 05-05-2021 at 03:02 PM.
    Carey Price fan and collector!

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 246 Unique Cards + 21 1/1's!!!

Updated Trade List: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @MTLSimon11

And now the start of the game tonight is just bonkers. I think it's a combination of of getting revenge and sending a message to George Parros. Not sure it will get through his thick skull, though.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Cleveland Indians Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bulls
    See scottkoz20's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack
    Send PayPal to scottkoz20 Member is PayPal Verified

And now the start of the game tonight is just bonkers. I think it's a combination of of getting revenge and sending a message to George Parros. Not sure it will get through his thick skull, though.

Buchnevich should absolutely get at least 1 game for the cross-check to the face. However, had the league given Wilson 1 game; i doubt any of this happens

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Buchnevich should absolutely get at least 1 game for the cross-check to the face. However, had the league given Wilson 1 game; i doubt any of this happens

Bingo isn't just the name of a dog in a song.

The NHL so badly dropped the ball on this situation, they basically took a powder keg and put a little match beside it said, "Let's see what happens." Everything that went down last night was utterly predictable and utterly preventable. The fact they've circled the wagons and tossed a $250K at the Rangers is a little cherry on top. Kinda funny these comments merited a financial penalty 50x larger than what Wilson received. I love the game of hockey but the NHL is such a joke sometimes.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Washington Capitals Washington Capitals Washington Capitals
    See capsfan30's Items on eBay

I don't word too good, so I'm going to let a blogger say what I, and many others, are thinking.

http://peerlessprognosticator.blogsp...t-broader.html
    99-00 Exclusives: 303/305 (99.3%); 2015-16 OPC Platinum: 1777/2118 (83.9%)
    Hidden Content (Or Hidden Content ) / Hidden Content / Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast