Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

2021 Stanley Cup Playoffs Guess The Score

2021 Stanley Cup Playoffs Guess The Score

The Stanley Cup Playoffs are back, and so is another Sportscardforum Guess The Score Contest!

How does it work? It's easy! There will be a new thread posted for a game. You just need to reply in that thread with your prediction for the final score.

It doesn't matter if the score you picked has already been taken. Many people can pick the same outcome.

How does your pick win? Well, if you pick the exact score, of course that's a winning pick. What if nobody picks the exact score? We will go through this criteria:

1. If you pick the exact score, you win.
    2. If nobody has the exact score, the following criteria will be used:
    - Must have the correct winning team
    - Closest to the exact score of the winning team
    - If still tied, closest to the exact score of the losing team.

Here's an example:

The Edmonton Oilers beat the Chicago Blackhawks 6-3. Nobody picked that exact score, so I'll go looking for tie breakers.
    6 people picked the Oilers to win, so they're all still "in it".
    2 of those people had the Oilers scoring 6 goals in a win, so it's just down to them.
    One person picked 6-5, the other picked 6-4. The one who picked 6-4 wins..... if the scores picked had been 6-2 & 6-4, then there would be a tie for the win, and both people would get it. What if nobody picked the Oilers to score 6 goals? Well, then 5-3 Oilers would be the next best guess.

Nobody picked the Oilers to win? Then nobody gets the point. Someone already guessed the score you wanted to write? That's okay, there can be multiple guesses of the same score.

What can you win? SCF Reward Points! Why are those something you want to have? Well, if you look around the site you'll see there are members here that will trade their cards for Reward Points.... there's also the Reward Points store. Periodically there's been group breaks where you buy your slot with Reward Points, and Reward Point Auctions.

For each game that's posted, the winner will get 25 Reward Points, and one point in the contest. After the Stanley Cup has been handed out, the top five players will get the following amount of Reward points added to the totals they earned during the contest:

1st place 2000
    2nd place 1500
    3rd place 1000
    4th place 500
    5th place 250

Here's an example of a group break, where the buy in is 1000 RPs: https://www.sportscardforum.com/thre...-Reward-Points

The early part of the schedule is tough (it's not available yet) so please keep an eye out for new threads. I will continue to tag everyone, as I have all regular season. I will try and post games up well in advance, but for the first few games of Round 1, 24 hours notice might be the best I can do. Of course games 5-7 in any series are only played if necessary, so throughout the playoffs some posts will be made with short notice.

I'll keep a running total of who won, and when, in this thread. It will get updated weekly(ish). All Rewards Points will be paid out at the end of the contest.

There has been a subforum added for all of the individual game threads here:

https://www.sportscardforum.com/foru...-Score-Contest

I`m aiming to get more entries for each game, so this season I`m going to be using tags. If you`d like to be tagged when I post the new threads, please comment here and I`ll make sure you`re included. Anyone who participates - I`ll automatically add you to the list.

Good luck to everyone!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Philadelphia Flyers
    Twitter: @@SgtMikal_31

@30ranfordfan ... Will you be posting standings for the playoff contest in this thread? Just curious.
    Philadelphia Flyers fan and Collector
    Pelle Lindbergh fan and collector

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country

@30ranfordfan ... Will you be posting standings for the playoff contest in this thread? Just curious.

Yes.... planning on putting the standings in tomorrow, and then will continue to update them a couple of times a week.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country

Here's the first standings update! This includes all games through last night (5/20):

@LecavalierFan 6
    @bigbenjobu 4
    @morasha7 3
    @SgtMikal31 3
    @Atlantaman 2
    @kallipolis 2
    @30ranfordfan 1
    @brosal04 1
    @cjs-sportscards 1
    @scooby10672 1

We've done 17 games so far, and there's been 24 points handed out. I'm going to try and get every playoff game into the contest. I think I missed one by mistake already, and that could happen again - but check back often. I'll be trying to add the games as soon as they're scheduled.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country

Here are the standings through games played on 5/24

@bigbenjobu 7
    @LecavalierFan 6
    @kallipolis 5
    @pwaldo 5
    @Atlantaman 4
    @cjs-sportscards 4
    @morasha7 4
    @SgtMikal31 4
    @30ranfordfan 3
    @jaswong785 3
    @scooby10672 2
    @brosal04 1
    @GamerRoy 1

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country

Here's a standings update. We've got a three way tie at the top!

@kallipolis 8
    @LecavalierFan 8
    @pwaldo 8
    @bigbenjobu 7
    @Atlantaman 6
    @30ranfordfan 5
    @cjs-sportscards 5
    @morasha7 5
    @SgtMikal31 5
    @jaswong785 3
    @scooby10672 3
    @GamerRoy 2
    @rjabreu88 2
    @brosal04 1

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country

Here's an update on the standings, with games played through 2021-06-06

@kallipolis 12
    @bigbenjobu 10
    @pwaldo 9
    @LecavalierFan 8
    @Atlantaman 7
    @30ranfordfan 6
    @cjs-sportscards 6
    @SgtMikal31 6
    @morasha7 5
    @scooby10672 4
    @GamerRoy 3
    @jaswong785 3
    @rjabreu88 3
    @brosal04 1

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country

Round 2 is over, and here are the standings:

@kallipolis 13
    @bigbenjobu 11
    @pwaldo 10
    @LecavalierFan 9
    @30ranfordfan 8
    @Atlantaman 8
    @SgtMikal31 7
    @cjs-sportscards 6
    @morasha7 5
    @scooby10672 5
    @rjabreu88 4
    @GamerRoy 3
    @jaswong785 3
    @brosal04 1

Don't worry, you still have time to catch up! Rounds 3 & 4 games are going to be worth double.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country

@RGM81 @pwskelly @jsokol1626 @morasha7 @cjs-sportscards @Atlantaman @mq13 @opulent jupiter @sparty07 @pwaldo @rjabreu88 @scooby10672 @jaswong785 @ @ntlwhlr @kallipolis @MattDMC @toddsr @erichunz @GamerRoy @bigbenjobu @Scott780 @SgtMikal31 @ethunder @bakemeister52 @cardscardscards @Go4lieGr4b @rand15@brosal04 @RGM81 Just giving everyone an FYI@pwskelly@@ @jsokol1626 @fatfrank @User777 @Cunnuc @LecavalierFanbrosal04ethunder

Another quick note to everyone.

I will be away from the 13th until the 21st. Heading to a cottage with no wifi :)

I've posted the entirety of Round 3, so there shouldn't be any missed games. You won't get any updates on the game threads until I get back though.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast