Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Connexionhck (72)
    Country
    See thal_corbeil's Items on eBay Instagram:

Still worth selling on Ebay for Canadians?

Was just wondering what other Canadian members selling on Ebay thought of the new way of getting paid through bank account. Still worth it? Will we pay more total fees then before? Easier way for the government to hit us with taxes? I’m not sure what I will do. Would like to hear opinions, thanks!
    I collect game used and autographed cards of Beliveau, Lafleur and Maurice Richard. Can consider other nice Habs cards too.
    Flicker: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 2broscollections's Items on eBay

I spoke to an eBay rep, and I asked if Canadians can use a US Dollar bank account (from a Canadian Bank) to keep payments in USD. The eBay rep confirmed that this was possible.

I was not convinced, so will verify again.

If I can keep payment in USD, I will continue to sell on eBay.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Connexionhck (72)
    Country

I spoke to an eBay rep, and I asked if Canadians can use a US Dollar bank account (from a Canadian Bank) to keep payments in USD. The eBay rep confirmed that this was possible.

I was not convinced, so will verify again.

If I can keep payment in USD, I will continue to sell on eBay.

When you take out this money in Canadian, the bank will charge a fee. And I don’t know after what amount the government will start looking to get taxes.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (128)
    Country

I have not sold all that much on Ebay and with the new rule I am out,hopefully buying is no different.
    Take care,
    Mike

SCF Rewards
    Country

I will be taking my cards off ebay when the change happens.

I think ebay will be increasing their fee to close to 12 - 13% as they no longer receive the 3% from paypal.

Its just too much now, I lose money when USD automatically converts to CAD incoming, I lose a larger fee to ebay with their fee increase and I lose money when I want to buy cards with the USD (that I should already have in that currency) when its converted from CAD. On top of all of that, the Government is gonna tax the ™™™™ out of us come next tax season.

Too much loss now.

I was not a huge ebay seller, only about 1700 feedback, but I am a Power Seller. I only did about 30-40 sales a month. I see that still being possible using Facebook / Instagram / Forums / myslabs and in a few months when shows start popping up again. Only 3% paypal fee too =)
    *** Main PC - Roberto Luongo ***
    *** MOST WANTED - 12/13 PRIME COLORS "PATCH" ROBERTO LUONGO x/8 ***

Flickr ( not updated ) - Hidden Content
    Trade List - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Connexionhck (72)
    Country

I will be taking my cards off ebay when the change happens.

I think ebay will be increasing their fee to close to 12 - 13% as they no longer receive the 3% from paypal.

Its just too much now, I lose money when USD automatically converts to CAD incoming, I lose a larger fee to ebay with their fee increase and I lose money when I want to buy cards with the USD (that I should already have in that currency) when its converted from CAD. On top of all of that, the Government is gonna tax the ™™™™ out of us come next tax season.

Too much loss now.

I was not a huge ebay seller, only about 1700 feedback, but I am a Power Seller. I only did about 30-40 sales a month. I see that still being possible using Facebook / Instagram / Forums / myslabs and in a few months when shows start popping up again. Only 3% paypal fee too =)

The deadline is May 31st right? The fees are really going up to 12-13%? How greedy can they get! I hope that this will end up biting them in the a$%! I mean, a lot of us Canadian sellers will end up taking their cards off Ebay! There probably going to end up making money on the conversion also! I was about in the same situation as you, about 2000 feedbacks, top rated seller also. Like you said, we’ll see more people on Facebook and other groups...

SCF Rewards
    Country

The deadline is May 31st right? The fees are really going up to 12-13%? How greedy can they get! I hope that this will end up biting them in the a$%! I mean, a lot of us Canadian sellers will end up taking their cards off Ebay! There probably going to end up making money on the conversion also! I was about in the same situation as you, about 2000 feedbacks, top rated seller also. Like you said, we’ll see more people on Facebook and other groups...

@10-4 collector

Yes I am pretty sure its the beginning of June.

I signed up my bank account already, though im sure when purchasing in the future ill be able to use my US funds.

Ebay gave the incentive to sign up before May 18th in order to save 2% in final sale fees for the month of June. Looks like they want to hide the increased fee for the first little bit so people dont get too pissed.

On another, what is ebay thinking note. Did anyone else notice that the specific sports filters have been totally removed, and a bunch of saved searches (if you use that function). For example, if you search "auto" you no longer can filter out all the sports you dont want to see. You literally have to go through ever auction with the word auto in the title thats listed in the Sports Trading Card section. Your results now need to be much more specific, instead of just general browsing.
    Last edited by canucksfan007; 05-15-2021 at 06:38 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'm more of a "casual" seller; I've been just cleaning up the collection. Definitely get nickel and dimed as these fees eat away. I really didn't agree with the direct bank account and bypassing paypal. I find myself constantly shuffling funds back and forth manually as paypal is my main payment method.

For the first time, i've finally got with the times and checked out these facebook groups etc. Joined dozens within a couple weeks. Needless to say, ebay will be in the rear view when it comes to selling.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Connexionhck (72)
    Country

I'm more of a "casual" seller; I've been just cleaning up the collection. Definitely get nickel and dimed as these fees eat away. I really didn't agree with the direct bank account and bypassing paypal. I find myself constantly shuffling funds back and forth manually as paypal is my main payment method.

For the first time, i've finally got with the times and checked out these facebook groups etc. Joined dozens within a couple weeks. Needless to say, ebay will be in the rear view when it comes to selling.

Yep! And I hope the greediness will bite them in the a$&!

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

This is where I'll most-lekely be doing as well. I barely sell, but I've already pulled the listings I did have and will look to sell privitely off of eBay.
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast