Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Detroit Red Wings Detroit Tigers Michigan Wolverines

let the horrors begin...

I started a set on PSA’s Set Registry and I have been adding cards as I make purchases. However, these are the first three cards to arrive in hand.

It was not until 2011 when Famous Fabrics Ink captured my attention with their release of their Horrors of War set that I was made aware of Gum Inc.’s 1938 Horrors of War set. A decade later and growing bored once again with collecting baseball, basketball, football, hockey, and CM Punk I decided to focus my efforts on the Horrors of War set. My initial goal is to complete the original 1-240 series via, more affordable, lower PSA grades and then shift my focus towards upgrading and completing the 241-248 series.

-Robert

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Dallas Cowboys
    See krunchtyme's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

That is some amazing ink. I love the older sets like this!!!

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

very cool and thanks for sharing the results. How did you stumble upon that set to start collecting?

DON

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Last edited by MichiganMan; 05-21-2021 at 04:17 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

That is some amazing ink. I love the older sets like this!!!

@krunchtyme

Agreed, I was surprised when I realized how vibrant the artwork is. Online images do not reveal the true coloring of these cards. Even the low grades that I have purchased look far better in hand than my images suggest.

-Robert
    Last edited by MichiganMan; 05-21-2021 at 09:22 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

very cool and thanks for sharing the results. How did you stumble upon that set to start collecting?

DON

@doniceage

I was looking for a pre-WWII non-sport set to begin building and since Famous Fabrics Ink’s 2011 Horrors of War set introduced me to Gum Inc.’s 1938 Horrors of War set it has been at the top of my non-sport list of sets to begin one day.

-Robert
    Last edited by MichiganMan; 05-21-2021 at 09:22 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Dallas Cowboys
    See krunchtyme's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

@MichiganMan

Are you looking for more? Do you have the whole set? Is the set listed in SCF. I haven't checked.