Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Unique 1915 Babe Ruth!!

I have a unique paper clipping of Babe Ruth of when he was with Boston. Its slabbed by Sports Memorabilia Authenticators, which I think is an off-brand. Anybody have any idea if there might be any value here, though? Definitely a cool collectors piece, regardless. Ruth is #10 in the photo.

SCF Rewards
    Country

No idea of value, but that is super cool!

Cheers!

Laura

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks, Laura. I also have a 1908 Ty Cobb and a 1912 Ty Cobb of this type of nature and quality. Unsure of value myself, but if I can find an auction house to accept them, I might eventually consign them over.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks, Laura. I also have a 1908 Ty Cobb and a 1912 Ty Cobb of this type of nature and quality. Unsure of value myself, but if I can find an auction house to accept them, I might eventually consign them over.

I would think that would be a great idea right now, I don't know anything about Ty Cobb's items and their value, but he has been deceased for so long, I would think original items would be more scarce! As far as the Babe, his stuff ALWAYS sells high!

SCF Rewards
    Country

I would think that would be a great idea right now, I don't know anything about Ty Cobb's items and their value, but he has been deceased for so long, I would think original items would be more scarce! As far as the Babe, his stuff ALWAYS sells high!

Well, actually, Babe Ruth has been longer deceased than Ty Cobb, but both do really well in auctions with original items. The problem I have right now, is a place accepting to consign the items. Nobody seems to want to consign them, just because of their obscure nature and how they believe that only the entire magazines or books they came from will only do any good. I refuse to believe this, simply because that this Ruth image alone is from his rookie era. Also, they can slap a price on a 1916 vintage Ty Cobb ad I have from a magazine and tell me theres some value, but tell me a 1916 vintage photo of Ruth from his rookie year from a magazine has no value? Makes no sense to me. I'm not sure they know what they're talking about.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Well, actually, Babe Ruth has been longer deceased than Ty Cobb, but both do really well in auctions with original items. The problem I have right now, is a place accepting to consign the items. Nobody seems to want to consign them, just because of their obscure nature and how they believe that only the entire magazines or books they came from will only do any good. I refuse to believe this, simply because that this Ruth image alone is from his rookie era. Also, they can slap a price on a 1916 vintage Ty Cobb ad I have from a magazine and tell me theres some value, but tell me a 1916 vintage photo of Ruth from his rookie year from a magazine has no value? Makes no sense to me. I'm not sure they know what they're talking about.

@VintageHoarder
    I talked to my husband about this, he agrees with you that the individual photo itself in a slab is worth something for sure....I wonder if you consigned with a larger vintage lot? Would a smaller auction house be more willing to take the items? We have an auction service here in southern Illinois that does most everything online when it comes to sports memorabilia, and they do pretty well! Cool item to say the least!

Cheers!

Laura

SCF Rewards
    Country

I have thought of looking into smaller auction houses. I mean, theres just no way this isnt worth something. I have seen the Cobb advertising poster sell for between 150.00 and 200.00, and that's just a 1916 advertising Tobacco piece from a magazine. The one I own is in color and is much more rarer than just the plain B&W version, and that's the price it last sold for. Cheap for a Cobb piece compared to his original trading cards, but still very pricey for just a piece of paper that isnt even anywhere around his rookie year. Perhaps I could auction it all off together in a lot and see if a bigger auction house moves on it. I dont think these auction houses really know what they're talking about. They argue that only the magazine holds value, but even if that were the case, how many of those do you think even survived enough to even be on the market? It's not like you just find this stuff sitting around.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Newspaper clipping or not, this thing holds some value. I'm sure its nowhere near his rookie trading card, or any trading card of his for that matter, but I would say it definitely has some value. I been looking into Pristine Auction. If nobody wants to auction it, then I'll just keep it.