Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Comc problem

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I put in a request with them for shipping last week. I've got about 75 cards piled up and it's at the point now where some have been there for close to a year already because I was waiting, hoping, crossing some fingers that things would get better. They're clearly not. So my standard shipping, because heck no I'm not paying $100US for the privilege of getting my cards in a timely manner, means I'll get that shipment in September. I realized about five minutes after submitting the request that my Caufield GDM's won't be active for shipping requests for another 6-8 weeks, which means I'll be lucky to see them in calendar 2021.

As others have noted, if literally any other entity in the hobby, whether it's a power seller, your LCS, or your favourite online seller, took four months to ship you your cards...heads would be rolling. But we just accept it because it's COMC.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I put in a request with them for shipping last week. I've got about 75 cards piled up and it's at the point now where some have been there for close to a year already because I was waiting, hoping, crossing some fingers that things would get better. They're clearly not. So my standard shipping, because heck no I'm not paying $100US for the privilege of getting my cards in a timely manner, means I'll get that shipment in September. I realized about five minutes after submitting the request that my Caufield GDM's won't be active for shipping requests for another 6-8 weeks, which means I'll be lucky to see them in calendar 2021.

As others have noted, if literally any other entity in the hobby, whether it's a power seller, your LCS, or your favourite online seller, took four months to ship you your cards...heads would be rolling. But we just accept it because it's COMC.

It seemed for a long time, that they were prioritizing the eBay shipments (which made sense to me). Seems even those have gotten to the point of being unreliable (they're loaded with negative feedback).

I bolded your last comment, because it's true to a degree. They have the ePack stuff, and you have to think that they're in violation of their deal with Upper Deck. I can't imagine that their contract doesn't require them to ship ePack cards quicker than what they've been doing (I mean direct from ePack.... once the cards are transferred to COMC, UD could likely wash their hand of any fault).

They have such a massive inventory, plus ePack, so they've got some guaranteed business that will hand around indefinitely..... but they have to be close to burning bridges with UD and eBay, and if they lose either of those two as partners, that will be really bad for them.

IMO - They should do what PSA did, and stop taking submissions. Shut it down, and catch up. Packages that have already been sent, have to allow those to come in - but just disable anyone's ability to start a new submission.... and then start clearing the backlog.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See icefields02's Items on eBay

late last year i had requested a shipment and then a month later another shipment.
    i got an email saying the first one was shipped and 3 weeks later another message saying the second one was shipped.
    surprise surprise both orders arrived in the same package, and
    # 1 i was billed for shipping two separate times
    # 2 obviously someone screwed up on the paperwork because they arrived same day but were shipped three weeks apart SUPPOSEDLY

we both know that (#2) didnt happen.

i did email them, they confirmed both items were shipped together and i did get a credit for the 2nd shipping charge.

but it does cause one to lose faith in them

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See allonblack13's Items on eBay

IMO - They should do what PSA did, and stop taking submissions. Shut it down, and catch up. Packages that have already been sent, have to allow those to come in - but just disable anyone's ability to start a new submission.... and then start clearing the backlog.

I think they did shut it down, there was a point 2-3 weeks ago where they only had a few hundred auctions running and there was a few day gap between stuff being listed. In that time I got two shipment updates on eBay orders from COMC to my US buyers account and the tracking shows both as being delivered. That batch is in transit to me here in Canada right now so I should know this week if they actually sent the right stuff.

So frustrating, I loved COMC but the last few months has been rough. Between the shipping issues, the sneaky raise to shipping, and essentially forcing all my ePack stuff into eternal limbo it's really difficult to justify supporting them.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Kearl_Rob's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

If it wasn’t for half of the UD CHL plates coming through ePack (then COMC)… I don’t know how many top end Red Deer Rebels cards I would snag.

I have a lot of speculation purchases/sales (McDavid for $0.30, sell it for $0.55 sort of stuff).

I have a large order to ship to me… but that shipping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Notre Dame Fighting Irish San Francisco Giants
    COMC Cards For Sale

I got a refund on my shipping but they kept the customs money they charge. Kinda annoying as my orders are so small I doubt there is any. As frustrating as the whole thing is, I'll still use them. It's just so easy and the selection kills. I just put orders in and when they arrive it's like christmas because it's been so long I've forgotten what I ordered lol
    always looking for
    John Gibson
    jamie drysdale
    Devon levi
    Yarasov askarov

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    UCB (17)
    Country
    See iidaemmi's Items on eBay

I have had luck with them going through Facebook and messaging them through there (got a response within 24 hrs.).

Thanks for the tip! I contacted them on facebook and after that they asked me for a private mail about my situation. Some hours later they responded to my original mail. I´m glad I finally got an answer, but it is sad, that you need to send a public message before office bell rings.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I got a refund on my shipping but they kept the customs money they charge. Kinda annoying as my orders are so small I doubt there is any. As frustrating as the whole thing is, I'll still use them. It's just so easy and the selection kills. I just put orders in and when they arrive it's like christmas because it's been so long I've forgotten what I ordered lol

Not only annoying, but also bogus. In my many experiences getting shipments from COMC, they have always been sent from the Burnaby warehouse. They've always transferred items from the Redmond, WA location to Burnaby, BC for shipping to collectors in Canada. So it's more than a bit shady IMO.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Not only annoying, but also bogus. In my many experiences getting shipments from COMC, they have always been sent from the Burnaby warehouse. They've always transferred items from the Redmond, WA location to Burnaby, BC for shipping to collectors in Canada. So it's more than a bit shady IMO.

I don't know this for a fact, but my assumption was that they were paying taxes when those cards hit the boarder.

When they show up at the Canadian border, and are asked "Do you have anything to declare" - The answer is "yes. We've got $40,000 worth of sports cards, to be shipped to customers inside Canada". Then they pull over, show the boarder officials a detailed manifest (complete with a list of packages, and the declared value that customers made). Then they write a big cheque, and head to the Warehouse.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12