Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (117)
    Country

I used to play football. I'm ashamed to admit it, but one game my emotions got the best of me and I absolutely levelled a receiver. It was a clean (legal) hit, but I hit someone who didn't deserve it in the least. I was maybe 15-16 at the time, and I still think of that hit every once in a while. I'm glad that the other guy wasn't hurt, but it certainly could have been much worse. I have no doubt in my mind that Scheifele feels bad about the hit. Sports adrenaline is a crazy thing.

This is exactly why I can not stand Tom Wilson! He shows no remorse for anything he does and always acts entitled and makes excuses for all the dirty nonsense that he has gotten away with! He has to play on the edge? No he doesn't! He has enough skill and ability to not have to do all the nonsense that he does but he does it anyway b/c he knows he will get away with it!

Someone like Marchand is super skilled and a top player in the NHL and the things he does are also on the edge but nowhere near as dirty as Wilson and all the other players that "play on the edge". I have actually gained respect for Marchand's game over the years b/c he has continued to be pesky but his overall game and skills have developed probably more t han anyone else in the league!

SCF Rewards
    Country

10 years ago that was a clean hit. Where's the onus on the player to protect themselves? He was too intent on scoring that goal that he left himself vulnerable & paid the price. He even put his head down to look at the puck. There's no way he didnt see Scheifele coming, he came straight at him. That Wilson hit was worse than the Scheifele hit & Wilson got nothing. 4 games was too much, he should have got 1 game at best especially after Wilson got nothing. Its always a travesty when a Habs player gets hit or hurt just like Chara & Pacioretty & Gallagher spitting his chicklets all over the ice. Its always funny to hear the Fans & Media after something like that. it gets totally blown out of proportion.
    #1 rule in hockey.. Keep your head up!!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays New England Patriots
    Twitter: @KarineHains See Pheebs8882's Items on eBay

10 years ago that was a clean hit. Where's the onus on the player to protect themselves? He was too intent on scoring that goal that he left himself vulnerable & paid the price. He even put his head down to look at the puck. There's no way he didnt see Scheifele coming, he came straight at him. That Wilson hit was worse than the Scheifele hit & Wilson got nothing. 4 games was too much, he should have got 1 game at best especially after Wilson got nothing. Its always a travesty when a Habs player gets hit or hurt just like Chara & Pacioretty & Gallagher spitting his chicklets all over the ice. Its always funny to hear the Fans & Media after something like that. it gets totally blown out of proportion.
    #1 rule in hockey.. Keep your head up!!

10 years ago we weren’t aware of how dangerous head injuries were. Human beings evolve, sports do too, it’s a shame that hockey evolves so slowly and that there are so many old school fans who just do not get it.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

10 years ago we weren’t aware of how dangerous head injuries were. Human beings evolve, sports do too, it’s a shame that hockey evolves so slowly and that there are so many old school fans who just do not get it.

Naw. We knew better 10 years ago too..... but the NHL was even less interested in penalizing dirty hits back then.

james is correct. 10 years ago, there would have been nothing for that play. Scott Stevens is in the HOF because he was an amazing head hunter. While I believe he was talented enough that he could have adapted his game and avoided head shots - had he played in the 2010s.... like he did in the 1990s.... he'd have been suspended on a regular basis, and likely never had the career he did.

These are good changes, they just don't go far enough. Nobody in the NHL can ever say they take head injuries seriously, as long as punching someone in the face is a 5 minute penalty.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays New England Patriots
    Twitter: @KarineHains See Pheebs8882's Items on eBay

He’s correct that 10 years ago there was nothing to do play but he sure as hell aint correct saying that it shoud remain that way.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

He’s correct that 10 years ago there was nothing to do play but he sure as hell aint correct saying that it shoud remain that way.

I agree. I'm actually hoping that Kadri (earlier in the playoffs) is the kick-start of actual consequences for dirty hits (though I just don't see it happening).

Kadri, and then Scheifle, are probably the only two times in league history where I thought "wow. That was actually a big suspension". I'm thinking 8 games for Kadri probably made 4 for Scheifle easier to hand out. If you buy into the multiplier ideas...... those suspension are like 16 & 12 regular season games (1st round = 2:1, 2nd round = 3:1). Will they keep it up as the playoffs go on, or next season rolls around? I find that hard to believe, considering it was less than two months ago everyone was wondering how Tom Wilson got nothing.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (117)
    Country

I just looked at a few of hits that led to the NHL's longest suspensions and all I can say is wow. Shots to the head are supposed to better outlawed now but I can honestly say that some of these hits would not even garner a suspension at all. Torres's 41 game suspension comes to mind which we see at least a couple of times a season. He was a 5 time offender which is similar to Kadri but why this hit got 41 games is beyond me. Life time ban for assaulting a ref? Sounds about right.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Ovechkin is probably the worst for charging in the league to this day & never gets called, the 2nd worst for charging in this league is your own Josh Anderson. I dont count Tom Wilson cause he gets penalties but Anderson chased Muzzin all over the ice trying to hit him as hard as he could all season long, well, at least til the Leafs got tougher then he stopped, imagine that!! Go back & look at some of those Hits Anderson put on Muzzin & tell me they are not Charging Penalties!!Muzzin isnt a dirty player but he will hit you hard if you have the puck. He hit Anderson & Anderson spent multiple games taking runs at Muzzin & if you say he wasnt trying to injure or hurt him you need your head examined. Always a different story when the shoes on the other foot.
    I seen a Post on FaceBook, it basically said Scheifele is a goon & should be banned forever!! What? It had over 3000 likes. Only in Montreal!!

I never said it should still be that way but players also have to learn to protect themselves & that doesnt include putting your head down to look at the puck going into the net as your about to get pasted or turning your back to a player who is about to hit you & then crying foul.
    Like i said, #1 rule in hockey is to keep your head up, its always been that way except in Montreal i guess!!
    Last edited by jameslacarte; 06-08-2021 at 03:20 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Look, I was just watching a clip from the 80's of dudes destroying dudes and those hits were bat™™™™ insanity hits but they got up... I don't get it.... I saw - it wasn't Jim Stanfield but this dude got hit directly in his ™™™™™™™ head did a 360, landed on his skates, scored a goal and they think this passive nonsense is wrong? really? well the dude that got turned into a ragdoll - flipped in the air because of the hit landed on his skates somehow turnd into a financial advisor.......... Of course now if you get the ™™™-end of a stick in your face you're zombies incapable of your own actions.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12