Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: Looking for advice

SCF Rewards
    Country

Looking for advice

Hello and thank you for reading my post. I hope to get some information from the pro's here. I just acquired a huge lot of cards. Football, Baseball, and Basketball cards, plus a few other memorabilia. I have about 6 Costco totes full. Everything is in great condition and mostly from the early 90's. I have some time on my hands and am going to go through everything to find the treasures, if there are any (there has to be something with this many cards...lol). A few questions:

1. What should I be looking for? I am already on the lookout for Derek Jeter cards and I found what looks like some valuable Michael Jordan cards.

2. I would like to make as much as possible on these. How do I get a PSA grading (is it worth the effort)?

3. Is eBay the best place to sell, or are there any other auctions I should look into?

4. There are a few cards with a slight bow or arch. How does this affect the value?

5. How should I sell non-valuable cards? Should I take the time to make team sets? Or just bulk sell everything that isn't valuable?

6. Should I open unopened sets and look for valuable cards?

Thank you again and I appreciate any input!

Josh

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Ohio State Buckeyes Detroit Red Wings

Greetings:
    This is my opinion on what you should do mind understanding that some people see me as cranky old collector.

1. What should I be looking for? I am already on the lookout for Derek Jeter cards and I found what looks like some valuable Michael Jordan cards.

Looking for stars is fine as well some Inserts but do you homework see what is selling & what isn't

2. I would like to make as much as possible on these. How do I get a PSA grading (is it worth the effort)?

Right now the grading companies are trying to accommodate with all the orders & are being overwhelmed by with all these "returning collectors" & all their requests for grading that these collectors whom got their information during the early stages of the pandemic while watching videos of about how they are rich they could get claiming every card that is removed from a pack is an automatic 8 or better determined by the how bad some cards aren't centered properly on older stuff that some of them had as a kid. As a person who is not a fan of grading companies it seems having a card graded makes it more than a raw version which is to me total Bacon Skunks use your own judgment on what I wish I could say. The raw version should be the same amount as a graded version.

3. Is eBay the best place to sell, or are there any other auctions I should look into?

Ebay is still good to sell still but expect alot of backlash from people who will claim that they never got their stuff.

4. There are a few cards with a slight bow or arch. How does this affect the value?

It a hit or miss market 1 minute 1 player could be on fire the next time he's not.

5. How should I sell non-valuable cards? Should I take the time to make team sets? Or just bulk sell everything that isn't valuable?

Check with set builders if if they are interested in some singles to complete their sets as well Check with team collectors if they want them the same way as well player collectors too but they might be more likely be interested in the Inserts then base

6. Should I open unopened sets and look for valuable cards?

It's your choice on that I think I have said almost a lot that most people will probably critique me an my views.
    "Any ballplayer that doesn't sign Autographs for little kids Ain't an American. He is a Communist"-Rogers Hornsby on Signing an Autograph as a Manager in 1942 with the St. Louis Browns.
    S.R.'75

SCF Rewards
    Country

Don't open any unopened box or case looking for valuable cards unless you ask here first. Some of the older sets the cards will stick together to make a worthless brick of cards. You will want to make sure that isn't the case for whatever you have before you open it.

Also if you take pictures of stuff you have some stuff can easily be identified as worthless or valuable right off the bat. That might save you some time.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/