Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Oakland Raiders Miami (FL) Hurricanes
    See Zuback's Items on eBay

Reward Points for cards...looking for a guide on this

I have been a member for over 15 years and I have accumulated 20,000 reward points. I have looked from time to time on the site to see if there is a conversion formula on converting points to book value/sale value of a card. I have gone to the rewards store and there is not anything that interests me or the item will not be shipped to Canada.

I either am not looking in the right place or there is no formula.

Wondering what everyone does or how they determine how many points = $1 of value of a card.

I look forward to your comments.

Tony

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

@doniceage is the best authority on this
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

@doniceage is the best authority on this

Tony,
    There is no exact formula so the best thing is to judge the items out there. In my opinion the pricing in the scf store can be high but if you are outside of the U.S. the pricing is very reasonable as the shipping cost goes up astronomically when shipped to another country.. As you have stated there is no reference for what a reward point should be worth. So besides looking at the store I am going to give you a few examples as we done some group breaks for reward points. You break down the group break as what would it cost for you to buy two boxes of Parkhurst and it would probably be over 40 to 45 dollars. So if you look at the example everyone is buying a team at 1,000 reward points would be 31,000 fore the box. So that means I priced it at approximately about 700 reward points per dollar if my math is not mistaken.

If you were too look at the other group break we did for Upper Deck Series 1 I believe you would see the price might goes another way depends on what you value the box price at.

Here is another example:
    Dave (icefields) ran into the same problem as you. He had accumulated some reward points and dropped me a message about what he could get for his reward points. So I showed him a thread that I have up for reward points:

https://www.sportscardforum.com/thre...-reward-points

Dave, took a look at the list and mentioned he liked a Dave Tiger Williams card I had recently picked up and the trade is posted below:
    https://www.sportscardforum.com/scft...e/show/573029/

So based on those numbers if the card books 10 to 20 dollars it would be 500 to 250 in reward points per dollar. Of course I got a good deal on the card so I passed it along and shipped the card in a pwe which cost me under $2 bucks to ship. If I had to ship in a bubble mailer it would cost me around $15 and my pricing would go up accordingly to make it seem like a bad deal. Hence, why I mentioned buying stuff from the store can be good if you are outside of the U.S.

Tony, the biggest challenge is finding someone willing to sell things for reward points.
    @Zuback
    Last edited by doniceage; 06-18-2021 at 04:10 PM.