Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How many total?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Notre Dame Fighting Irish San Francisco Giants
    COMC Cards For Sale

How many total?

Has anyone ever figured out how many of young gun card there is? I'm guessing you would need to know total production before we can do the math. I'm just curious, 5000? 10000?
    always looking for
    John Gibson
    jamie drysdale
    Devon levi
    Yarasov askarov

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

It varies year-to-year, and from Series 1 to Series 2. There have been a few threads about this over the years where people run the numbers based on expectancies from "case hits" and the other numbered cards & how frequently they fall. You're in the ballpark.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    Twitter: @MTLSimon11

It varies year-to-year, and from Series 1 to Series 2. There have been a few threads about this over the years where people run the numbers based on expectancies from "case hits" and the other numbered cards & how frequently they fall. You're in the ballpark.

That was probably the ballpark pre-2015, I bet there's fsr more now.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (64)
    Country

That was probably the ballpark pre-2015, I bet there's fsr more now.

I'd say ...what are there now....2 or 3 exclusives /case....run those numbers ...there's alot more than 5 or 10k

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

250 cards in the set. How many exclusives do you get in a case? Three, I think? If it's not three.... my math is bad.... but let's just assume that 3 is (roughly) correct.

250 cards in the set, 100 copies of each exclusive exists. That's 25,000 cards. You get three per case, so roughly 8,333 cases. There's 12 boxes per case, so we're up to 100k boxes. 6 YGs per box, so 600k YGs printed, divided by 50 (that's how many cards in the set) so roughly 12,000 copies of each.

Except, that doesn't include any retail product, where exclusives can't be pulled. That's all the tins, blasters, cello packs, etc. My guess? Double the number. There's probably something in the range of 25k copies of each. I don't think this was true 15 years ago, but it has been (for the most part) for a few years now.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Has anyone ever figured out how many of young gun card there is? I'm guessing you would need to know total production before we can do the math. I'm just curious, 5000? 10000?

I've been trying to figure this one out myself - not only for YG's but in general and it's difficult to find any information on print runs.. I mean all we would need to know is how many cases were produced, but even that information is difficult to find..

The best way presumably to go about even getting a good estimation would be to start with a serial numbered card and start doing math, lol... Get the odds on UD exclusives, obviously that would only tell you how many hobby boxes were manufactured - I mean there are only 100 possible sets of UD exclusives and if hypothetically they're 1 per box (which we know they're not), and the set is 250 cards then 25,000 boxes were manufactured because there are 25,000 exclusives - but that's still not going to be enough information considering all of the different formats Upper Deck comes in; fat packs, blasters, retail, hobby etc..

This is why I'm a proponent of Upper Deck or card companies in general serial numbering all of their cards, because not only would it be nice to know the print runs but if they're all serial numbered then that means the cards can be documented for numerous purposes for obvious reasons..

I know one thing is pretty certain - it's way more than most of us suspect, I can almost guarantee that, lol..

SCF Rewards
    Country

250 cards in the set. How many exclusives do you get in a case? Three, I think? If it's not three.... my math is bad.... but let's just assume that 3 is (roughly) correct.

250 cards in the set, 100 copies of each exclusive exists. That's 25,000 cards. You get three per case, so roughly 8,333 cases. There's 12 boxes per case, so we're up to 100k boxes. 6 YGs per box, so 600k YGs printed, divided by 50 (that's how many cards in the set) so roughly 12,000 copies of each.

Except, that doesn't include any retail product, where exclusives can't be pulled. That's all the tins, blasters, cello packs, etc. My guess? Double the number. There's probably something in the range of 25k copies of each. I don't think this was true 15 years ago, but it has been (for the most part) for a few years now.

I thought about that but UD Exclusives are hobby, there are obviously retail, blasters, fat packs and probably other odd formats that pop up every now and again like dollar store packs and such.... So unfortunately I don't believe it's possible to come up with an exact number, perhaps a "ball park"

But yea, you're headed in the right direction for sure.... Oh and it's certainly way more than 25k each.. Honestly I wouldn't be shocked if some YG's are SSP's and others DP's....

SCF Rewards
    Country

Many of the years you can know exactly the number of hobby cases in Series 1 and 2 except the really overprinted years UD won't list.
    Obviously that does not include retail/e-pack which are impossible to calculate.

On average years pre-epack it was 5000 hobby cases.
    Some as low as 3500 if not less.

McDavid probably looking at 40k-60k YG's out there.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Notre Dame Fighting Irish San Francisco Giants
    COMC Cards For Sale

Man, the prices on young guns is insane then with those print runs

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See derzockersports's Items on eBay

This is pretty close. When I have run this calculation, I usually add in the numbered case hits. For numbered cards, you usually get ~3 per case whether they are Exclusives/High Gloss/Patches/Etc.

For Hobby/epack, the number usually comes out to ~15,000 YGs (epack gets 10-20% and you can confirm those numbers fairly well). I estimate retail at 50-60% on top of that, so I usually figure ~25,000 of each Young Gun. Series 2 often 'feels' more loaded, but there are typically more inserts and more numbered cards - not necessarily lower overall production. Remember, at these kinds of numbers, for 50 YGs in the set, 3 more YGs is 2 more hobby cases...

Many of the years you can know exactly the number of hobby cases in Series 1 and 2 except the really overprinted years UD won't list.
    Obviously that does not include retail/e-pack which are impossible to calculate.

On average years pre-epack it was 5000 hobby cases.
    Some as low as 3500 if not less.

McDavid probably looking at 40k-60k YG's out there.

That estimate is horribly inflated on McDavid YGs. Even if my calculations are way off (I have it at 20k-25k), the high end of the McDavid year would be in the 30k-40k YGs. PSA has graded just over 2000 as 10s which would be around 10% which seems in line with a lower number, too. At 60k, only 3% are PSA 10s and only 5% have been graded - both very low for an important, modern card.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast