Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

My guess is leftover stickers from back when Panini still had a hockey license.

It's a Leaf product, my dude.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Winnipeg Jets Boston Bruins
    See timothystar's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

I like the nostalgia of that design but the NHL jerseys with no crest ruins it for me.
    Bucket: Hidden Content

Sets: 20 12/13 Artifacts
    Players: Ovechkin, star YG's.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Not going to lie, this looks pretty awesome and I'm looking forward to this release.. Let's just hope that there are less errors this time around? lol.. Watch they'll probably have error variations or something along those lines, just because why not? lol

It's pretty pricey for a product reboot at $200 USD per box.

Of course knowing myself I'll probably order a half-case before the 4th and in a month they'll be selling for $100 bucks, lol..

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Akron Zips Kent State Golden Flashes Tulane Green Wave
    Twitter: @. See .'s Items on eBay LinkedIn Instagram: Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Kronozio Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

ugh no thanks

Pro-set should be thought of like the holocaust........."never again"

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Kearl_Rob's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

Not going to lie, this looks pretty awesome and I'm looking forward to this release.. Let's just hope that there are less errors this time around? lol.. Watch they'll probably have error variations or something along those lines, just because why not? lol

It's pretty pricey for a product reboot at $200 USD per box.

Of course knowing myself I'll probably order a half-case before the 4th and in a month they'll be selling for $100 bucks, lol..

There are intentional “error” SP cards in this release, yes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SCF Rewards
    Country

The designs are …. Half way to what the originals were. This looks like a high school Photoshop project to me. Reminiscent of the originals, but a bit tacky.

Interestingly, the checklist seems to have taken a turn away from hockey towards football. I avoid multi sport sets by the pack/box, but will pick up a single or two on eBay… and that is coming from a HARD CORE 1990/91 Pro Set hockey guy.

If you are interested in the story of the original Pro Set hockey, and a catalog of confirmed errors, check out this website that I have out together:

www.proset.webs.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @https://twitter.com/fultoncards See https://www.ebay.com/usr/fultoncards's Items on eBay Instagram:

Is Gordie Howe still signing???

I'm such a proponent of sticker autos. I get the obvious appeal of clean hard-signed cards. And yet, no one pays a dime for vintage hard-signed in person autographs, because they now have pre-authenticated ones in boxes at indefensible box prices. Even if those old cards were signed at the side-door of the old Montreal Forum, or Joe Louis.

Is there such a big difference between signing a card and signing a sticker? The very fact that Gordie Howe - or every legend - dies and can leave behind autos for new releases is reason enough to appreciate sticker autos. New generations of collectors often only buy new products. In fact, new collectors might only break ePacks just to chase their social media physiological gamer rush. And before products like Chronology with an agreement with the alumni association, an entire generation of franchise players were forgotten by the new generation of collectors chasing only the newest names and technology.

May Gordie sign throughout eternity.
    SUBSCRIBE to Fultoncards on YouTube for FREE hockey cards. I am a consumer advocate focused on pack odds, and the history of our hobby. I do box breaks, recaps and reviews of affordable and vintage cards.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I worry about how well sticker autos will hold up over time. Will they fade? Will the glue mess up the paper? We have all sen old stamp collections with scotch tape…

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See psychoforturkeys's Items on eBay

Is there such a big difference between signing a card and signing a sticker?

My feelings towards stickers is there isn't a direct connection to the card. Person didn't actually sign the CARD so to me it doesn't feel like an AUTOGRAPHED CARD, but a card with an auto. If that makes any sense. I've always likened it to me peeling a Gretzky sticker off and slapping it on the hood of my car. My car isn't now an autographed Gretzky car, it's a car with an autographed sticker on it.

I genuinely dislike stickers. I know they help mitigate redemptions, though there's still plenty of sticker redemptions, I just prefer hardsigned. Logistically, for the manufacturers, it sounds like a total nightmare dealing with players. I watched an interview with a prominent figure in cards and he made mention of an NFL player "losing" something like 600 premium cards. So now that company is left without the cards, has to deal with lead times to have produced again, and then is still without autos! Sounds like a total nightmare.
    Last edited by ChuckNorrisFearsS; 09-29-2021 at 05:13 PM.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Spoke to Gregg Kohn about Pro Set Memories (& more) for the podcast this week and there are some sweet variations in this product that I didn't know about.
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast