Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    See 529mi's Items on eBay

Kucherov had a pointed opinion of habs fans, though he may have imbibed a bit much by that time. Unfortunately his opinion is echoed by many.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Connexionhck (72)
    Country
    See thal_corbeil's Items on eBay Instagram:

Kucherov had a pointed opinion of habs fans, though he may have imbibed a bit much by that time. Unfortunately his opinion is echoed by many.

Unfortunately, Kucherov lost a lot of fans. He would have a lot to learn from a guy like Carey Price. On one side you have a guy bashing Fleury, Hellebuyck and the Habs fans. On the other side, you have a guy shaking the ref's hands and taking the blame on the losses.
    I collect game used and autographed cards of Beliveau, Lafleur and Maurice Richard. Can consider other nice Habs cards too.
    Flicker: Hidden Content

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Yeah the donkey gave half the NHL some bulletin board material for next season. LOL
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    Twitter: @MTLSimon11

Ah, you have to love a villain. No doubt he'll be the target of a lot boo-birds in Montreal. As Razor Ramon used to say, "Say hello to the bad guy."

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Apparently he's got a sponsorship deal with Bud Light out of this, so good on him. Making some extra bucks to peddle stanky pee water seems on brand.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

What a joke NHL has become... MTL had nothing playoff to do in the first place. If it were a Corona-free season, so MTL had NEVER qualified to the playoffs, this is a fact... MTL had a quite terrible season and CP played really bad like on mostly of the seasons after 2014, yet he's considered as the best hockey player and goalie ever by many...!?!? Seriously I has lost the faith of NHL and its fanbase now.

It's like to rating Rob Brown as the GOAT because he had a amazing 88/89 season with almost 120p in like 60 games, or that Bernie Nicholls is the best ever because of his 70g and 150p season. But I has NEVER seen a NHL player being hailed by so many because of one SINGLE good (quite good) season and still living of that merit for soon 10 years now as CP does!
    This is really obnoxious, Vasy WILL NEVER, NEVER, NEVER for 0,00001% of close being adored, coddled, protected by everyone as CP does, despite leading in wins in NHL for 4 straight seasons and is rock solid, while CP is so incredibly up and down.

CP has too many weak playoffs and regular seasons to called those superlatives he's getting now. Don't forget that his own fanbase booed at him on every games during the end of 2000's and early 2010's, bur now he can make some real stinkers of seasons and still being loved into the death of the very same fanbase which booed out him night after nights!
    The 3 first game on the finals CP were terrible in one game and were very bad in 2 games... While Vasy were rock solid in all 5 games, yet almost none talks about Vasy, just CP despite Vasy winning Conn Smythe... Just pathetic, just sad!

MTL had a tremendous luck thanks of Corona and NHL's stupidity. They had nothing to playoffs to doing., they weren't a middle-tier team during the 20/21 season, they were bottom-tier, yet they got qualified to SC!

It's mind-blowing that CP sells lightyear ahead so many other better goalies, perhaps he has now even surpassed Roy, which is absolutely crazy... How come he's so popular despite being so wildly inconsistent and has missed playoff so often despite being called as the best, despite having just one good season??? Holtby's stats (outside those 2-3 last seasons, he's in a crazy decline now) outclasses CP's by many times again and again yet he's just a common goalie as comparison despite playing on same club (which is very beloved too) as the most or 2nd most popular NHL player for ages, this is so damn strange! Is it because Holty is ugly and CP is very good looking, or what? I suspect it honestly...

I have zero interest to discuss this matter any further, because it's the biggest mission impossible in the NHL fanbase, because CP is that so BELOVED by a such strange reason....

Carey Price plays for one of the two most popular teams in the league. Personally, I'd take Vasilevskiy over him too - he's cheaper, younger, and better, but to suggest that Price has been bad in the playoffs throughout his career, or that he had only one good season.... that's ludacris.

He owns a 2.39 career GAA in the playoffs. That's over 92 games, so it's not like we're talking about a small sample size. Vasilevskiy sports a 2.24 GAA over 81 games. That's a better number no doubt.... but what's the real difference here? Price has allowed 220 goals in 92 games, and Vasilevskiy has allowed 182 in 81 games. Assuming he plays to exactly the same level (a 2.24 GAA), he'll allow an additional 24(ish) goals over his next 11 playoff games... bringing his total goals against to 206. That's a difference of 14 goals over 92 games - which isn't nothing - but it's insignificant. That's basically 1 extra goal against, per 6.5 games played (so basically, one extra goal per round).

I'd suggest that the best Montreal roster Price played on, was inferior to the worst Tampa roster Vasilevskiy played on too.

I don't think Price played great in the finals, but he was amazing in the first three rounds.

His only good season was 2014-15, I assume? When he lead the league in wins (44) and won the Vezina & Hart trophies? That was certainly his best season, but he's hit 35+ wins three other times, plus another one that was 30+. He certainly would have hit 30+ last year, if COVID hadn't cut the season short. He's a 7 time all star.

As far as the Habs not being a real playoff team goes... or being a bottom feeder rather than middle of the pack: I mean, yes they had the lowest point total of any playoff team... and they were a single point behind two other teams that missed the playoffs (Rangers, Stars) but they were 18th overall in points.... very much making them a middle of the pack team. Any suggestion that the Rangers or Stars were significantly better than Montreal, and much more deserving of a playoff spot - that's laughable. 1 point over 56 games makes them (basically) the same team.

Are you just grumpy about card prices? You've been around this hobby long enough to know that performance has NEVER dictated value. Popularity does that. Fact of the matter is: A Canadian goalie, playing for one of the two most popular clubs in the league, who IS considered to be a Superstar around the league..... he's always going to outsell a Russian, who plays for a team that can pack 90% of their fanbase into their arena.... even if he's the better goalie.

If the next five seasons see Tampa eliminating Montreal in the playoffs.... Tampa winning 5 more Cups.... Vasy winning 5 more Vezinas, 5 more Conn Smythes, and Price plays well enough during those 5 years...... Price will still for twice was Vasalevsky does.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Connexionhck (72)
    Country
    See thal_corbeil's Items on eBay Instagram:

Carey Price plays for one of the two most popular teams in the league. Personally, I'd take Vasilevskiy over him too - he's cheaper, younger, and better, but to suggest that Price has been bad in the playoffs throughout his career, or that he had only one good season.... that's ludacris.

He owns a 2.39 career GAA in the playoffs. That's over 92 games, so it's not like we're talking about a small sample size. Vasilevskiy sports a 2.24 GAA over 81 games. That's a better number no doubt.... but what's the real difference here? Price has allowed 220 goals in 92 games, and Vasilevskiy has allowed 182 in 81 games. Assuming he plays to exactly the same level (a 2.24 GAA), he'll allow an additional 24(ish) goals over his next 11 playoff games... bringing his total goals against to 206. That's a difference of 14 goals over 92 games - which isn't nothing - but it's insignificant. That's basically 1 extra goal against, per 6.5 games played (so basically, one extra goal per round).

I'd suggest that the best Montreal roster Price played on, was inferior to the worst Tampa roster Vasilevskiy played on too.

I don't think Price played great in the finals, but he was amazing in the first three rounds.

His only good season was 2014-15, I assume? When he lead the league in wins (44) and won the Vezina & Hart trophies? That was certainly his best season, but he's hit 35+ wins three other times, plus another one that was 30+. He certainly would have hit 30+ last year, if COVID hadn't cut the season short. He's a 7 time all star.

As far as the Habs not being a real playoff team goes... or being a bottom feeder rather than middle of the pack: I mean, yes they had the lowest point total of any playoff team... and they were a single point behind two other teams that missed the playoffs (Rangers, Stars) but they were 18th overall in points.... very much making them a middle of the pack team. Any suggestion that the Rangers or Stars were significantly better than Montreal, and much more deserving of a playoff spot - that's laughable. 1 point over 56 games makes them (basically) the same team.

Are you just grumpy about card prices? You've been around this hobby long enough to know that performance has NEVER dictated value. Popularity does that. Fact of the matter is: A Canadian goalie, playing for one of the two most popular clubs in the league, who IS considered to be a Superstar around the league..... he's always going to outsell a Russian, who plays for a team that can pack 90% of their fanbase into their arena.... even if he's the better goalie.

If the next five seasons see Tampa eliminating Montreal in the playoffs.... Tampa winning 5 more Cups.... Vasy winning 5 more Vezinas, 5 more Conn Smythes, and Price plays well enough during those 5 years...... Price will still for twice was Vasalevsky does.

You resumed this very well! Hockey is a team sport. Vasi is a great goalie on a great team. Carey never had a team as good as the Bolts in front of him. Seeing both of them in the playoffs, I still think Price is a better all around goalie. I can’t even count how many A+ saves he made during these playoffs. I think he was way more valuable to his team then Vasi was to his.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (108) Hobby Insider
    Country

You resumed this very well! Hockey is a team sport. Vasi is a great goalie on a great team. Carey never had a team as good as the Bolts in front of him. Seeing both of them in the playoffs, I still think Price is a better all around goalie. I can’t even count how many A+ saves he made during these playoffs. I think he was way more valuable to his team then Vasi was to his.

Price is an elite goalie who can play well under pressure. Put a strong team in front of him and he'll do well. The gold medal at Sotchi is a proof of it. If Price was in the nets for Tampa instead of Vasi, he would have probably won the Cup too.
    Wantlist: Hidden Content
    Tradelist: Hidden Content

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345