Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: Home Safe Question

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Detroit Lions Detroit Pistons Detroit Tigers
    Twitter: @mister715 See mr715's Items on eBay

Home Safe Question

Looking to buy a home safe, that can be bolted to the ground. Obviously to store my collection and some paperwork, etc.

Anyone have any recommendations? Looking to store maybe 1000-2000 top loader cards, in boxes, most likely.

Did some looking online, but not sure what to look for really. There are so many to choose from. I was hoping someone has purchased one in the past, and is happy with what they have. Must be fireproof for an hour or so. Maybe 500+ lbs in weight. Looking to spend up to 2-3 thousand, not including installation.

Anyone have any models they recommend, or any pics of one they had installed, and love it?

Thanks,
    Dave
    Hidden Content - Looking for Hidden Content GU/Auto of players in uniform.
    Basketball - B.Wallace Baseball - J.Verlander/M.Cabrera
    Football - B.Sanders/Calvin Johnson/M.Stafford
    Hockey - H.Zetterberg/P.Datsyuk/S.Yzerman/C.Osgood/N.Lidstrom
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Baltimore Orioles Philadelphia Phillies

@mr715 might want to try a smaller gun safe there are several models to choose from and are usually right in your desired price range. May i please offer some advice. Please be very diligent with who you hire and where the safe is delivered. We recently had a ring of crimes going on that went on for years until they pieced together the delivery people of the safe and the contractors installing it. Where all involved in the theft of the contents of several homes and businesses in our area they would wait between 4-6 months and stake out the home/business and then rob them. They knew the brand of safe before they even got in there and the best way to open in.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Detroit Lions Detroit Pistons Detroit Tigers
    Twitter: @mister715 See mr715's Items on eBay

Very good advice on the contractors or delivery people who bring the safe. I thought of that as well. I was reading reviews of the place close to me that does all the installing and selling of the home safes, and have not read of anything like that. But very good advice to think about. I'll make sure to take that into consideration.

I do have a little peace of mind, I am a tech junky... I have 15 cameras outside my house, covering all angles of my house, and 3 cameras in certain areas on the inside, all saving out to the cloud. Yes people can wear masks, and all that stuff. But if they go that far, I guess that is what insurance is for :( But I could care less about the insurance... its all my personal collection that I spent years to build up and document, that would make me cry if I lost. It's not worth much, but its my blood, sweat and tears to get it all organized. lol

But very good things to think of.