Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Alabama Crimson Tide New York Yankees Miami Dolphins
    Twitter: @@cardboardglory See cardboardglory's Items on eBay Instagram:
    Member is PayPal Verified

Question: You just paid $200 for a card

How long do you wait until you haven't received a card do you begin inquiries as a Buyer to eBay, the local post, and contacting the Seller?

Thanks.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Probably depends on when it was purchased (was there a holiday weekend?) and where the person is located. If they are across the country I would give them more time than if they were just one state over. Also have they said they've shipped the card yet? The post office has been super slow all year so it might not be the seller's fault. But they should have given you a DC# for a card that high so you can track its movements.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Baltimore Orioles Philadelphia Phillies

@CardboardCurrency Was a tracking number provided and was the card shipped at all, As stated above I had one take 26 days. The card was purchased from a seller in Michigan I am in Pennsylvania. The card went from Michigan to Tennessee to New Jersey then to California back to Michigan to Leigh Valley sat 9 days then delivered to me 2011 Mike Trout Bowman Draft. Talk about sweating it out

SCF Rewards
    Country

But at what point did you contact the Seller? If normal shipping time is a week do you wait 15 days? If the item has been sitting at your local post for well over a week when do you contact the post? And how soon do you get eBay involved? But feels on sweating the Trout. I sweated about the same time for a Judge rookie auto but I definitely remembering being on the phone with the post three days past due and the tracking had stopped just before the regional sorting station. After three days it gets chancier to reroute a lost mail item to its original destination. So I'm just at a lost how a buyer is just now contacting me Friday about an item I shipped May 15th and it was literally at the post office three miles from their house on May 19th. Like almost 45 days later though. I did a mail search request myself on the 22nd just in case it wasn't one of those it got delivered but not delivered. By the time it took the Post Office to inform me the package was lost on the 3rd of June I put it off to it was delivered because no word from the Buyer. Luckily the card was insured for the extra three bucks and change so USPS says I'm covered on this end. But still seems odd of a random buyer to wait that long on a random seller to let the seller know it hasn't been delivered.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Probably depends on when it was purchased (was there a holiday weekend?) and where the person is located. If they are across the country I would give them more time than if they were just one state over. Also have they said they've shipped the card yet? The post office has been super slow all year so it might not be the seller's fault. But they should have given you a DC# for a card that high so you can track its movements.

Yeah the package was sent to them first class shipping tracking and insured. The tracking stops at the postal station three miles for the Buyer's house according to Google Maps. So that's even more confusing is you're expecting a package and it shows it got to your local Post but you don't bother contacting them for lost mail search. And wait almost 45 days to contact the Seller through eBay not once directly contacting the Seller. Just seems weird.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yeah the package was sent to them first class shipping tracking and insured. The tracking stops at the postal station three miles for the Buyer's house according to Google Maps. So that's even more confusing is you're expecting a package and it shows it got to your local Post but you don't bother contacting them for lost mail search. And wait almost 45 days to contact the Seller through eBay not once directly contacting the Seller. Just seems weird.

Are you the buyer or seller in this case? Because if you are the seller it seems like this would be a situation where the buyer had a regret with the purchase (maybe the card or player is no longer in demand) and they are using this as an excuse to get a refund through eBay.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Are you the buyer or seller in this case? Because if you are the seller it seems like this would be a situation where the buyer had a regret with the purchase (maybe the card or player is no longer in demand) and they are using this as an excuse to get a refund through eBay.

That may be the case of buyer's regret. The card's value has already increased in value from the sale date. Since the card was insured it's not a matter of just getting a refund they're not committing insurance fraud.