Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

1998 UD Choice Panthers team set help

I am looking for a checklist for the 1998 UD Choice Carolina Panthers team set.

I know Wesley Walls is CP3 and William Floyd is CP11. Can anybody help me with any of the other cards?
    Looking for Carolina Panthers !!

Football Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Member is PayPal Verified

TCDB appears to be actively working on getting a checklist together. I linked your thread here over there.

They noted that CP8 is Kerry Collins

https://www.tcdb.com/Forum.cfm/Page/...adID=30673&C=3

Football Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Member is PayPal Verified

I was taking a look at the Packers team set. If you take out the Draw Your Own Cards, the regular set card #'s align with the team set card numbers:

Player 1998 UD Choice # 1998 UD Choice Packers #
    Brett Favre 64 GB1
    Gilbert Brown 65 GB2
    Antonio Freeman 66 GB3
    Reggie White 67 GB4
    Mark Chmura 68 GB5
    Seth Joyner 69 GB6
    LeRoy Butler 70 GB7
    Vonnie Holliday 337 GB8
    Dorsey Levens 338 GB9
    Derrick Mayes 339 GB10
    Robert Brooks 340 GB11
    Raymont Harris 341 GB12

I would think it is reasonable that Upper Deck wouldn't rock the boat with team sets and just reissue them in the same order as their main set. But I can't be 100% of that owing to your William Floyd card being CP11 when I would expect it to be CP12 or CP13.

Player 1998 UD Choice # 1998 UD Choice Panthers #
    Fred Lane 25
    Rae Carruth 26
    Wesley Walls 27 CP3
    Winslow Oliver 28
    Tyrone Poole 29
    Lamar Lathon 30
    Anthony Johnson 31
    Jason Peter RC
    198 double?
    Sean Gilbert 306
    Kerry Collins 307 CP8
    Jason Peter 308 double?
    Michael Bates 309
    William Floyd 310 CP11

Jason Peter had cards in series 1 and series 2. Same as Vonnie Holliday for the Packers but his rookie was 207 and his series 2 card is 337, which are consecutive in the Packers set so easy to figure out the numbering there by removing 1 of the Holliday cards. Peter appears in position 8 and position 11 in the checklist, depending on which one is removed would throw off the CP card numbering for Gilbert and Collins. My guess is the RC is removed since that is a college uniform and the second Jason Peter is in a Panthers uniform. I'd think it reasonable a team set would feature pro uniforms. In which case #198 can be removed from the above.
    Last edited by jplcom; 07-09-2021 at 10:31 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thank you for the help. It would be nice to get this set cleared up.