Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Detroit Lions Detroit Pistons Detroit Tigers
    Twitter: @mister715 See mr715's Items on eBay

Grading Companies Master List

Hey all, I wanted to post this list I made over the past 3 months. It is just an opinion piece, but at the top and bottom of the article/blog are links to the Grading Master List that I created. On that Master List page are clickable images of what the grading companies slabs look(ed) like.

I tried to make it as accurate as possible. If you see anything wrong or that needs to be added, please leave a message here and I'll update the list. I want to make this the one list to rule them all :)

And I don't take offense to any bantering you want to throw my way. It was just an opinion, but most importantly I wanted something for people to be able to reference for many years.

I turned off commenting on that page, as I would like to have all the comments here in this thread, so everyone can see them.

http://www.mr715.com/cards/card-grading-companies/

Hope you enjoy,
    Dave
    Hidden Content - Looking for Hidden Content GU/Auto of players in uniform.
    Basketball - B.Wallace Baseball - J.Verlander/M.Cabrera
    Football - B.Sanders/Calvin Johnson/M.Stafford
    Hockey - H.Zetterberg/P.Datsyuk/S.Yzerman/C.Osgood/N.Lidstrom
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees New York Giants New York Rangers

@mr715- Dave- Creating a comprehensive list of Grading companies is a terrific idea. One question- Is this list meant to include only active grading card companies? I have acquired cards graded by other grading companies, but have no idea if they still exist.
    Always Looking for:

A) Graded Vintage (Pre-1980) (BGS, BVG, PSA, SGC) in all sports
    B) Graded True RC's (No inserts or parallels) (BGS, PSA, SGC) in all sports
    C) Certified Auto and GU cards of players from the 70's and further back in all sports

SCF Rewards
    Country

@mr715- Dave- Creating a comprehensive list of Grading companies is a terrific idea. One question- Is this list meant to include only active grading card companies? I have acquired cards graded by other grading companies, but have no idea if they still exist.

It is/was a complete list. I pulled the original list that someone had, and then added to it. I want it to be a list of EVERY company that has come and gone. Which is why I tried to find an image of each and every one of them, but I think there was 4 that I was unable to find proof of. I either Google searched, ebay searched, archive.org searched, BBB searched, I mean I looked everywhere for these grading companies, from that original list I had found. Then I added 20-30 new companies that I had found along the way.

So ya, if anyone has anything that I missed, let me know, and I'll add to this list. And if you have an image of the slab, that's even better. People love examples.

SCF Rewards
    Country

@mr715- Here are others I am aware of:

GAI- Used to be listed in Beckett guides along with BGS, PSA, and SGC
    The Final Authority
    USA Grading
    GEM Grading
    MINT Grading
    FGS Grading

SCF Rewards
    Country

SCF Rewards
    Country

@mr715- The other link took me to a different page. That's quite a list.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I was just in a live chat on YouTube with another grading company that is launching next month.

TGT (Transparent Grading Team) http://www.transparentgradingteam.com

If they do 50% of what they said in the reveal, it may be real interesting.

Bulletpoints:
    1. Totally transparent, lol
    2. Small initial company
    3. The QR Code on the back will take you to the website/app and allow you to see the 8 scanned images of your card
    4. The images will also show you where the imperfections are, and why your card is graded what it is.
    5. Many price points, with 25 dollars for single card and discounts for larger orders.
    6. Pop report.
    7. Color matching labels/Custom Labels.

And a few other things, but that idea of being able to see your scans and see where your imperfections are.... man that will change the game.

I buy cards online all the time, and wonder, "Why is that a PSA 9, or why is it a HGA 8.5?" For them to show me, and show me the grader who graded the card.... that is huge. Accountability at its finest! That is an awesome idea.

I can't wait to see if they can live up to all that they are wanting to do. I'll give them a try here shortly and update my review, and see what it is all about.
    Last edited by mr715; 07-30-2021 at 09:04 PM.