Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See icefields02's Items on eBay

another weird but real coincidence

i did a trade recently on here with another member.

we both shipped and then awaited delivery.

not a big dollar trade, but i am trying to get to 1000 trades.

here's what happened.

i went to our mail box and took todays mail.
    a couple flyers and a bill
    and an envelope addressed to 484 ******* st
    we live at 584, so i decided to go for a little walk.
    when i arrived at 484 i knocked but nobody answered
    so i open the mailbox to put in their mail.
    and on top of mail already in her mailbox
    was a package addressed to me! from the member here.!
    since no one was at home i just scooped up my mail and headed home.
    i got to wondering if 484 would of bothered bringing my mail to me or if she would of just tossed it.
    also made me wonder about other mail/packages that just ever arrived.
    i hate letting the sender hear it never got here, but i wonder if its just a couple houses away.
    i have re delivered mail this month so far twice
    usually it is at least once a month.
    its not always the senders fault. but i am really glad i decided to redeliver hers today!!
    and so is the member from here who sent it, i bet

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ShamaleSands's Items on eBay

Because I get so much mail I was rifling through my packages one day and opened one of them, it was a Disney DVD. Okay, definitely not mine. I open another one.... another Disney DVD. What is going on here? I look at the address, #117. I live at #70. Just down the street. I delivered them to a woman who apparently runs a day care. I explained to her that I get a lot of mail delivered so I had not noticed the address. She just looked at the address and shook her head when I said I was at #70.

Well at least the kids got their movies!

I also received a PS4 game once, no idea why. I did not own a PS4 at the time but it was addressed to me.

Strange!
    Master List: Hidden Content

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

It's happened to me too. A few times a year I get a letter addressed to someone else (different address). I just walk over, knock... give it to them. If they're not home, stick it in the mailbox. We've got "Super Boxes" on in my neighborhood. One Super Box has (I think) 27 boxes. That's what Canada Post delivers to. Most people also have a mailbox at their door, where flyers and junk go to.

I live on a court.... in the winter they pile up the snow into a big mountain in the middle of it. This past winter I was on top of the mountain playing with my daughter.... and a car pulled into the court that I didn't recognize. They slowed down (obviously looking at the house numbers). The woman driving rolled down her window (she could see I was looking at her) and asked if this was #4. I said it was, and asked if I could help her......

She lived several streets over, and got a package address to me. She drove down to deliver it.

I think *MOST* people would do the same, but some don't. I had a package go missing last year, I suspect that's what happened to it.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Ture story, Someone who lived several blocks away from me in Ottawa had a card delivered to their house by mistake and they sat on it for eight years before finally delivering it to me. And yes I am happy that Ice got the cards I sent to him.
    The want list at this link features what I need of Gretzky, Roy, Ottawa Senators, and Miscellaneous sets. I also have a CFL want list on my page and if you have nothing from it I will consider other traders of current Ottawa Senators,Guy Lafleur, + trade bait.

Wants - Hidden Content

Traders - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See icefields02's Items on eBay

Eight years

i wonder what made him/her finally decide to deliver to you.
    how could you let someone else's mail sit on your table for 8 years!

i hope it was a Price young guns or something worth waiting for

SCF Rewards
    Country

Not much value. One of them had dropped it into one of those baskets that you toss things into and forget about them until eight years later.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See sjw241's Items on eBay

My friend sent me a high end card, tracking showed delivered. It wasn’t delivered to me. He didn’t believe me that it didn’t come and we nearly ended our friendship over it.
    About a year later a neighbor came to the door. Said he found the package and card in his sons room. His son had checked the mail and kept the card. I lived at #73 they lived at #37.
    I was happy to get it. But when I told my friend he didn’t believe me again. We haven’t talked since.
    It sucks when postal workers make mistakes, they are human and everyone makes mistakes. Just wish the people receiving the wrong mail would be honest right away. If anything throw it back in the mail, the super boxes all have an outgoing mail slot

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

My friend sent me a high end card, tracking showed delivered. It wasn’t delivered to me. He didn’t believe me that it didn’t come and we nearly ended our friendship over it.
    About a year later a neighbor came to the door. Said he found the package and card in his sons room. His son had checked the mail and kept the card. I lived at #73 they lived at #37.
    I was happy to get it. But when I told my friend he didn’t believe me again. We haven’t talked since.
    It sucks when postal workers make mistakes, they are human and everyone makes mistakes. Just wish the people receiving the wrong mail would be honest right away. If anything throw it back in the mail, the super boxes all have an outgoing mail slot

This is it. How many people DON'T order things online these days? A few, I'm sure, but I don't think I know anyone who does online shop.... at least to a degree.

If you ordered something, and it was sent to the wrong address, would you want them to keep it? Of course not, so have the same respect for others.

Is running the mail over to someone you don't know going to be a priority? Probably not. I can see that it gets left on a table and forgotten about for a little while..... but do the right thing, and send it were it's supposed to go.

Like you said: The superboxes have an outgoing slot too. Just stick it in there if you don't want to deliver it yourself.