Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (117)
    Country

Wow, Ovi is definitely interesting to talk about but I just can't see him leaving Washington. We have seen it in other sports though where an icon in one city leaves for a couple of years to end their career. Emmitt Smith and Joe Montana come to mind.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ShamaleSands's Items on eBay

A lot of players finished their career elsewhere. Modano and Alfredsson both went to Detroit. They were both dealt back to their original team for $1M to retire. Class act, I believe, from both player and team.

Ovie needs a cup. Plain and simple. It is going to suck that he goes down, yes as the best natural goal scorer in history, but without a cup. Crosby has a cup. Crosby is more sought-after than Ovie. Ovie doesn't have a Malkin supporting him.

Would Ovie find it in Seattle? Doubtful. I did not pay close attention to Las Vegas' fruition but I am paying close attention to now. I love it. There is so much potential out there. I would love to be Ron Francis right now lol.

I believe you could easily build a team around Ovechkin but right now you could not build a team around Price. Price will not be taken and Montreal is trying to build a team now that they have such motivation. Montreal will need to keep bringing in veterans year after year until they win just to make their team work while Price is on the mend. Yes he shines in the playoffs and is like a lot of players who could most likely play on a broken leg (not carried off the court because of a twisted ankle like basketball) but I cannot see the Kraken building around Price so I believe Montreal was/is smart on that aspect.

Will be fun to watch! By the way... I went to the farmer's market Saturday and commented to a guy rocking a Seattle Kraken shirt lol. I love it.
    Master List: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

A lot of players finished their career elsewhere. Modano and Alfredsson both went to Detroit. They were both dealt back to their original team for $1M to retire. Class act, I believe, from both player and team.

Ovie needs a cup. Plain and simple. It is going to suck that he goes down, yes as the best natural goal scorer in history, but without a cup. Crosby has a cup. Crosby is more sought-after than Ovie. Ovie doesn't have a Malkin supporting him.

Would Ovie find it in Seattle? Doubtful. I did not pay close attention to Las Vegas' fruition but I am paying close attention to now. I love it. There is so much potential out there. I would love to be Ron Francis right now lol.

I believe you could easily build a team around Ovechkin but right now you could not build a team around Price. Price will not be taken and Montreal is trying to build a team now that they have such motivation. Montreal will need to keep bringing in veterans year after year until they win just to make their team work while Price is on the mend. Yes he shines in the playoffs and is like a lot of players who could most likely play on a broken leg (not carried off the court because of a twisted ankle like basketball) but I cannot see the Kraken building around Price so I believe Montreal was/is smart on that aspect.

Will be fun to watch! By the way... I went to the farmer's market Saturday and commented to a guy rocking a Seattle Kraken shirt lol. I love it.

Ovie already has his Cup (2018). He has also stated that he would like to finish his career in Montreal.
    Last edited by piper1; 07-20-2021 at 07:15 AM.
    The want list at this link features what I need of Gretzky, Roy, Ottawa Senators, and Miscellaneous sets. I also have a CFL want list on my page and if you have nothing from it I will consider other traders of current Ottawa Senators,Guy Lafleur, + trade bait.

Wants - Hidden Content

Traders - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See derzockersports's Items on eBay

We could also go deep down into the conspiracy rabbit hole...

Seattle has a blank slate, right... Why not sign Ovi and then trade the #2 overall pick to pick up Jack Eichel from Buffalo? Seattle is one of the few teams to have the cap space to make a big splash, so why not go for it?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    See 529mi's Items on eBay

why waste a pick on any urfa, when you can approach them later?

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

why waste a pick on any urfa, when you can approach them later?

They don't need 30 players. They have a window where they can talk to UFAs, and sign them if they want. That they signed (or are in the process of signing?) Chris Driedger tells that either they REALLY wanted him, or they want him..... plus they're not all that interested in anyone else off the FLA unprotected list. They are the only club that could be talking to him this week - so they can sign him, before he gets other offers.

I'm assuming they will go the route of picking a few players just to flip them (mid-pairing D, especially). Rumors that they'll take Tarasenko, then deal him... while retaining salary too.

There's also the chance that they get a bunch of deals like Vegas did, and take on picks or prospects in exchange for not selecting someone specific. Perhaps they get a 2nd round pick from a team in exchange for not touching a specific player..... and then go after one of that team's UFAs instead.

Lots of reasons why it might be beneficial.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Is this a post from 2017? lol

Ovie has a cup and he sells better than Crosby.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Washington Capitals Washington Capitals Washington Capitals
    See capsfan30's Items on eBay

No offense, did you just start watching hockey this year, and not bother to check any history about it? Or did everything pre-global pandemic slip your mind? Mind wipe?

Ovie already has his Cup (2018). He has also stated that he would like to finish his career in Montreal.

Do you have any references to that? Because everything I've read says he wants to finish his career in Washington and then play his last game with Dynamo. Sports Illustrated article translating an interview Ovechkin did with a Russian news outlet.

Is this a post from 2017? lol

Ovie has a cup and he sells better than Crosby.

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

We could also go deep down into the conspiracy rabbit hole...

Seattle has a blank slate, right... Why not sign Ovi and then trade the #2 overall pick to pick up Jack Eichel from Buffalo? Seattle is one of the few teams to have the cap space to make a big splash, so why not go for it?

Buffalo's asking price for Eichel is significantly higher than a single draft pick, no matter how high in a particularly weak draft class. Read this morning that they're looking for four assets, any combination of roster players, picks, and prospects. But preferably two roster players.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Do you have any references to that? Because everything I've read says he wants to finish his career in Washington and then play his last game with Dynamo. Sports Illustrated article translating an interview Ovechkin did with a Russian news outlet.

If you take the time to search you can find that he has made the comment about playing in Montreal more than once, all the way back to this interview with Sportsnet in 2015. If you need help finding a more recent statement let me know. He still want so attempt a run at the goal record before playing one final year of hockey with Dynamo.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/...lay-canadiens/
    Last edited by piper1; 07-20-2021 at 01:03 PM.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast