Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    See 529mi's Items on eBay

drieger signed

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    My traders on Flickr

Do the wings really need help in the net? Would a upgrade be nice sure, but if you look at Greiss stats is it his fault? As he put up about the same exact stats as he did in NYI and the records were close to reversed. If Detroit was a better team his record would be nowhere close to what it was but more like NYI imo. Name one legitimate scoring threat on the team as everyone is almost under .5 goals a game average (that is horrible). You can take almost any goalie on any team in the NHL and it would not help Detroit too much. So I think your statement should need Detroit whole team needs help LOL.

DON

You are right that they need help everywhere. While a younger goalie would be nice to pair with the younger pieces Detroit is trying to build around, I still question giving up draft capital for a guy like Vanecek or Adin Hill. I'd just assume they be aggressive when team get crunched and have to pass (a similar) goalie through waivers - a la Nedeljkovic passing through waivers just last year.
    The Wings did try that briefly with Comrie a couple of seasons ago, but he was not the solution. I wouldn't mind them trying it again this year.

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

No, the Wings need help in net. I agree that Greiss is better than his numbers and the team in front of him certainly needs to improve, but Greiss is also not a legitimate #1 goaltender. I don't think Vanacek or Kakkonen really fixing the problem in net, but they might provide an upgrade to Bernier in the short term. I've heard rumors that the Wings could use their first pick in 2021 on a goalie and I will be very disappointed if that's the case...

I am not even sure if they need help in net. I would love to see how he fares over a whole season. He has been good in few games with NYI over several years. Could he do it over 60 or 70 games we will never know as he never got the chance. I would need to see him with a bigger sample size but I will not judge him based on the Wings who are in front of him trying to win games. It is a team effort and if you say he is not legitimate number 1 goalie then none of the wings offensive line are number one material. The thing is why upgrade to a better goalie if your not going to upgrade the offense. Doing a quick look the Wings have one goal scorer in the top 200. So, in a nutshell the goalie is not a issue imo as that stat alone shows that no matter who is in the Wings net better bring a shutout every other night if he plans to win half of dis game.

Don

Don
    Last edited by doniceage; 07-21-2021 at 07:10 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See derzockersports's Items on eBay

I am not even sure if they need help in net. I would love to see how he fares over a whole season. He has been good in few games with NYI over several years. Could he do it over 60 or 70 games we will never know as he never got the chance. I would need to see him with a bigger sample size but I will not judge him based on the Wings who are in front of him trying to win games. It is a team effort and if you say he is not legitimate number 1 goalie then none of the wings offensive line are number one material. The thing is why upgrade to a better goalie if your not going to upgrade the offense. Doing a quick look the Wings have one goal scorer in the top 200. So, in a nutshell the goalie is not a issue imo as that stat alone shows that no matter who is in the Wings net better bring a shutout every other night if he plans to win half of dis game.

Don

Don

I guess maybe I'm not clear. Greiss is 35, turning 36 next season. I don't think this is a team where Greiss proves his value unless he brings a shutout every other night. I feel like, at 35, he's a known quantity and probably isn't improving. If there's another Jennings trophy in his tank, he needs a counterpart to help let it free (Lehner won it with him 3 years ago). Honestly, he needs help so that they can at least look respectable every other night (not always the case last season).

For the lineup in front of him, they aren't good. Leddy is as close as they come to a 'legitimate' top-pair defenseman (Hronek is probably close and is a definite maybe). And, outside of Larkin, if we're being brutally honest, no forward has played better than 'top-six' or 'middle-six' tag regardless of where they slot in the Wings lineup. There are a couple who still have potential to be 'first line' players, but they haven't lived up to that potential up to this point.

I think Yzerman has them headed in the right direction, but I'd like to see them get a legitimate goaltending prospect / young NHL-er without using the #6 pick this year. Like you said, they need to many bodies elsewhere on the ice. Sign a FA or trade for a decent back-up. Bernier wants out and Pickard isn't the answer. That's my opinion anyhoo...

SCF Rewards
    Country

I highly doubt it!! 10.5 Million for a Goalie who has had 1 good Playoff Run in the last 5 years & a .500 record. I am Glad the Habs are stuck with that contract for another 5 years. 2 Goalies at $15 Million, that sure hurts they're Cap Space lol..

IS Carey Price headed to Seattle? He waived his no -movement clause!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Were there no trades 'for expansion draft considerations' last night? I didn't see anything reported and can't find any official transactions that outline any.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Were there no trades 'for expansion draft considerations' last night? I didn't see anything reported and can't find any official transactions that outline any.

That's supposed to be made known at 1:00 EST today. With some of the names that were taken, I'm sure there were.

SCF Rewards
    Country

That's supposed to be made known at 1:00 EST today. With some of the names that were taken, I'm sure there were.

Thanks! I hadn't seen that announcement. Yes, there were a couple of oddities, but if they picked up some draft capital, it would be more understandable.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Thanks! I hadn't seen that announcement. Yes, there were a couple of oddities, but if they picked up some draft capital, it would be more understandable.

Draft capital, and other players I'm better.

I think this afternoon is going to be a fun one, for those that like trades, transactions, etc.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    My traders on Flickr

Draft capital, and other players I'm better.

I think this afternoon is going to be a fun one, for those that like trades, transactions, etc.

I hope to see some fireworks. Francis really could utilize his cap space, etc. for additional draft capital - i have to imagine he has done that to an extent.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast