Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789
    Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

It looks like Seattle couldve had a 2nd and a 7th round pick if they took Gostisbehere in the expansion draft.
    Francis decided instead to take....Carson Twarynski?

That is bad any way you look at it.

^^^^^^

This.

Probably upped to a 2nd and 6th, as Philly would have kept Twarynski.

With some of the names that Seattle took, I expected to learn they took on other prospects & picks. I can't believe some of the selections they made, if there was no other compensation.

Would I have wanted Ghost? Well, no. If I'm an expansion team would I have taken him.... gotten a 2nd round pick (plus?) rather than a former 3rd round pick with 22 NHL games played, and never put up any kind of decent numbers in the AHL ?? 100%

I can only assume that Francis does have a plan.... it's just not obvious. Maybe he was smart? I have no idea. The likelihood of them being a contender right out the gate was small. If they're a really good team in 2-3 years... then whatever it is he's doing worked.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I cant believe they passed on Tarasenko. Its not like they dont have the funds to get him. Im glad they didnt bail the Habs out too by taking Price or Drouin. What a bust Drouin has been. Sergachev for Drouin?? Im sure Sergachev likes that trade with his 2 Stanley Cup Rings. Jonathan Drouin, the next Alexandre Daigle!! Its been awhile since we have had a Hockey Superstar from the Province of Quebec, the last few have been total busts. Lets hope Lafreniere isnt the next one!!! Im not liking Hyman going somewhere else either. I think most Teams he might go to he wont even be on the Top Line & who wouldnt want to play every game with Matthews & Marner. Hyman will regret leaving the Leafs if he goes & its looking like he will. Like i said, most teams he may go to he will be 2nd or 3rd line player & his stats will most likely suffer too. Oh well, thats the nature of this game we love...

In the immortal words of Puff Daddy, it's all about the Bejamins.

Oilers are going to give Hyman $40m.... only question is do they trade a low pick for his rights, and do it over 8 years instead of 7. Leafs won't pay him $5m+ per season, so he's gone.

He'll slot in next to McDavid, and his stats won't suffer a bit..... and four years from now, when his game falls off a cliff, Edmonton will have to deal with that.

I think he's a good player. Does a lot of things well, and can score. No way he's a 20 goal scorer with anything other elite talent on his line though.... so Edmonton is falling into the classic "overpay" situation. Maybe it works out, and I hope it does.

Leafs are in a sticky spot. Assuming they keep the big 4 forwards through next season & the one after that - They have to pick between Hyman, Anderson (or a similarly priced goalie), and Reilly. They can only keep one while the cap remains flat. I suspect all along the plan was to be able to extend Hyman & Reilly both - and let Freddy go in favor of a cheaper replacement.... but they need an $85-87m cap to do that.

I think the only way Hyman stays (and he still could) is if if they move one of the other four big contracts out (and likely today). Nylander for a pick & a decent player on an ELC would let them keep Hyman, and still be able to resign Reilly (or get a replacement for him). I don't see it happening.

SCF Rewards
    Country

If Hyman stays with McDavid his Stats wont suffer but as soon as he gets moved to the 2nd or 3rd line they will drop significantly. The Oilers have had the same issue since McDavid got there, No secondary scoring. Only time will tell.

The Division the Leafs are in will be 1 of the best in hockey this year, Tampa, Florida, Toronto, Boston, Ottawa & the Habs. I think im missing 1 still, my memory isnt what it used to be lol.
    Guess who's missing the Playoffs next year & may very well finish last in the division!!! & Yes, Ottawa will finish above the Habs this year!! They may even give Boston a run for that last playoff spot..

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789